Sunburn :( (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Aloe vera is the best but if you don't have it, slather on a plain unscented moisturiser several times a day, drink lots of water and stay right out of the sun if at all possible. Try not to touch/irritate it too much - sponge the area to clean it rather than letting it under the shower jet if you can, wear loose natural fibre clothing and do not scratch it.

I found calomine lotion helped a bit last time I was badly burnt, dunno if this is an actual good remedy or not but it calmed the redness a fair bit for me.

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Yeah, Aloe Vera is your friend. I prefer the spray but...it doesn't hurt as much and I'm a sook..lol

Gosh, my skin's peeled and there's this difference on my forehead between the tanned skin and new skin. Anything I can do to accelerate uniform colouring on the skin?
I hear if you put cold Teabags on your sunburn it goes brown really quickly.. Not sure how well it works but..I've never actually tried it...

bonamy

HSC
There is this amazing stuff called burn aid. It soothes the sunburn and takes the sunburn away very quickly. You can buy it from the chemist.

rozymisty

HSC
Dont put ice packs on a bad sunburn coz the very cold temp will do a lot of damage

Just stay inside for a few days, drink plenty of water, lather up with stacks of aloe and learn to wear sunscreen when your out, put it on every 2-4 hrs depending on what your doing.

I have been badly burnt and its hard if your burnt all over to try and sleep. Also if its a bad burn, you may find you go from hot to cold etc frequently in the first few days.

DONT exfoliate, coz a it will hurt like hell and b, blistering happens to protect your skin. It will naturally go away, just let nature heal the skin under neath and go from there.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
ALove vera will soothe the pain for now...but nothing can truly soothe the pain of SKIN CANCER OMFG LOL

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
wet a towel with cold water and place it on the burnt area

drink lots of h2whoa
get some aloe or hydrocortisone cream to keep the area moist. moist is good.
dont peel your skin :shy:
ummmm pop some pain killers if it's heaps bad :eek:

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
Anyone know of a store (online or not) where you can get t-shirts that give UV protection?

rozymisty

HSC
Well naturally you can go to kmart or whatever leading up to summer, and they sell swim suits that have uv protection for kids.

08er

HSC
haha i was sunburnt weeks ago and for the first time i didnt feel any pain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)