sunburns (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
ive been putting aloe vera on, we have plants of it outside. i am so, so, so burnt and i have to work tommorow :(

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Argonaut said:
I don't know the exact name of it, but the aloe vera gel I use is bright blue, feels like ice and is stickier than spilt cordial, but it works.

it sounds goood
im gonna steal some aloe vara shit from work tommorow for it

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
First have a LONG COLD shower.

sunburn hurts for days becasue like any burn theres a layer of heat trapped under the skin which keeps burning and hence damaging the epidermal tissue under it. the best thing to do is cool down the skin to prevent further tissue damage [ie shower] then go nuts with the aloevera ^, then moisturise... rehydrate the skin.

SLIP SLOP SLAP next time ok... basal cell carcinoma's are ugly. i saw a cut out one at work the other day in a speciman jar [i work at the doctors]

Ellie-Bee

HSC
If you have any of that PawPaw Ointment stuff that comes in a red tub or tube use that - its good for treating specific spots of sunburn, like when blisters appear! It worked for me anyway!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i would say your aloe vera plant is better than a tube of aloe vera stuff that isn't 100% pure..probably the only difference would be that the tube stuff might feel cooler on your skin..maybe cut some of your aloe vera plant and stick it in the fridge so it feels better when you put it on??

i don't think anything's better than aloe vera plant at this stage..

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
banana boat aloe vera after sun spray.
keep it in the fridge and it feels so good when you put it on your skin.

olchik

HSC
When I get sunburn, I put some sour cream on the burnt parts. It helps, but you should do that the day you got sunburn, then it works.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
froggy_chik87 said:
okayz, i'm alergic to aloe vera, and i got rather burnt today too...what do u people recommend for burns WITHOUT USING ALOE VERA...?

the long long cold shower, then tons of moisturiser

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
After 2 or 3 days, once the excruciating pain has gone down, I stop using Aloe Vera and start packing on anything with Vitamin E in it, like Sorbolene

alby

cool duckie
HSC
it takes a couple of days to get noticably less red. just keep going with the aloe (1-2 times daily) & dont go out too much/for too long

alby

cool duckie
HSC
if you can, wear something light/soft under your work clothes. a lot of work clothes are made of stuff that'll kill your skin if your burnt

alby

cool duckie
HSC
that's the obvious solution, but it takes a good few days for it to die down, as i said before. the quick fix to stop it caneing when working is wearing soft clothes

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Ok, so we've been told how to soothe the pain, but I was burnt yesterday, and whilst the pain isn't too bad I know I'll peel (damn my Irish descendant skin :(). Any recommendations as to how to minimise my peeling?

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i got burnt a week or 2 ago. i put tonnes of the aloe gel (the blue stuff) for the first few days, until it stopped hurting. i havent peeled yet (well, only a tiny bit on my chest, and that was only a little bit pink), but my bf (who got burnt at the same time..but much worse) was peeling at the start of the week.

i guess the idea is not to get burnt too much, keep the aloe going till you're pretty much over it, keep your skin moisturised after that, and dont go out too much after you get initially burnt

em_516

bludging..
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Ok, so we've been told how to soothe the pain, but I was burnt yesterday, and whilst the pain isn't too bad I know I'll peel (damn my Irish descendant skin :(). Any recommendations as to how to minimise my peeling?
i think once you're peeling, you're peeling..

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
hipsta_jess said:

aloe vera before its peeling, tons of moisturiser after that....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)