sunburnt , should i go to the beach ? (1 Viewer)

null-result

HSC
ok so two weeks ago EXACTLY i went to the beach and put on sunscreen , but still got mildly burnt.
blah blah blah , red skin a few days later , etc etc , then it healed .

now , two weeks later , my skin just started peeling .
however , my friends now want to go to the beach , lets say , in 3 days time .

would it be ok for me to go swimming while having my skin still peeling ?
the ' sun burn ' has already gone , its just the peeling phase now.

what are the side effects it may have on me if i go?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
null-result said:
ok so two weeks ago EXACTLY i went to the beach and put on sunscreen , but still got mildly burnt.
blah blah blah , red skin a few days later , etc etc , then it healed .

now , two weeks later , my skin just started peeling .
however , my friends now want to go to the beach , lets say , in 3 days time .

would it be ok for me to go swimming while having my skin still peeling ?
the ' sun burn ' has already gone , its just the peeling phase now.

what are the side effects it may have on me if i go?
SKIN CANCER man, don't do it

or at least wear a shirt and a hat and lather on the sunblock

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
You should go.

Skin cancer is just leftist propaganda to make people feel "sorry" for Aboriginals and black people (therefore white people will be untanned and pale).

Do it. Skin cancer is BS. Don't believe me? Ask your doctor to give you the HONEST truth, they'll tell you UV exposure doesn't cause skin cancer but vitamin deficiencies do. All the scientific literature in the past 10 years points to this conclusion btw.

rozymisty

HSC
thats a load of bullshit!! If you go out in the sun a lot, you get HEAPS AND HEAPS of vitamin D.....that can create changes that lead to skin cancer.

UV exposure causes changes in the cells which create cancer....how do you think that melbourne girl died of melanoma....coz she got TOO MUCH UV stuff!

I got burnt last weekend, not as bad as I did in 2005 but still enough...it was 43 degrees when i was out and it was so bloody burning hot, even in teh shade!

Plus, too much sunlight can damage your eyes...hence why you need sunnies.

If you want really OLD skin by the time your 30, then sure, go back out into the sun....otherwise slip slop and slap and wrap etc...and use heaps of aloevera to help the burn

boris

Banned
HSC
rozymisty said:
thats a load of bullshit!! If you go out in the sun a lot, you get HEAPS AND HEAPS of vitamin D.....that can create changes that lead to skin cancer.

UV exposure causes changes in the cells which create cancer....how do you think that melbourne girl died of melanoma....coz she got TOO MUCH UV stuff!

I got burnt last weekend, not as bad as I did in 2005 but still enough...it was 43 degrees when i was out and it was so bloody burning hot, even in teh shade!

Plus, too much sunlight can damage your eyes...hence why you need sunnies.

If you want really OLD skin by the time your 30, then sure, go back out into the sun....otherwise slip slop and slap and wrap etc...and use heaps of aloevera to help the burn
Since when has Vitamin D caused skin cancer?

Moar like UV rays fuck with the DNA of cells (melanocytes in the case of melanoma) and cause mutations in genes, which when they multiply they spread and becomes CANCER!

Fuck I wish you guys would google shit occasionally.

Anyway;

Yes, go back out to the beach. Most of the damage required to develop skin cancer would have been done by now if you've had previous bad sun burns. Just be extra careful and remember to cover up and reapply your sun screen!

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
it'll sting, my mate never puts on sunscreen and eveyr summer she has scars for 3rd dgr burnns outlines in triangles on her titties, i suggest wait till i stops peeling, put 30+ sunscreen all that slip slop slap crap before you decide to tan at the beach again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)