Sunshine (1 Viewer)

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I saw this with some friends on Sunday and thoguht it was rather disappointing. Slow plot, silly premises (let's go stick a nuke in the sun to reignite it) and a tad over dramatic in parts.

That said, the acting was (for the most part anyway) pretty good and the atmosphere was good.

Anybody else seen this?

cassidylx

HSC
N/A
I haven't watched it ,but I just watched Disturbia. The abrupt change in tone is awesome,or jarring. I don't know which one it really is, but it's fascination!

bored6

HSC
666_blessings said:
I saw this with some friends on Sunday and thoguht it was rather disappointing. Slow plot, silly premises (let's go stick a nuke in the sun to reignite it) and a tad over dramatic in parts.

That said, the acting was (for the most part anyway) pretty good and the atmosphere was good.

Anybody else seen this?
Quite liked Sunshine. Everything was pretty solid in it and it seemed to be less ridiculous then most sci-fi movies coming out. I thought the added crazy guy towards the end kinda ruined it however.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Hey I saw it with some friends on Sunday aswell (oh wow!).

But yeah I thought it was alright. I liked it but I didn't believe some things about the movie. Certain parts just seemed silly but it's sooooooo hard to make a sci-fi movie these days without people just bashing you if they don't agree with certain aspects

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
bored6 said:
I thought the added crazy guy towards the end kinda ruined it however.
Yeah, I don't think that was entirely necessary. I would have preferred it to be open ended.

Gilbert1 said:
it's sooooooo hard to make a sci-fi movie these days without people just bashing you if they don't agree with certain aspects
That only really happens if the film actually pays notice to the 'science' part of sci-fi. If you take things far enough, people just cease to care about the absurdity of it (e.g. Star Wars)

Last edited:

icecreamdisco

HSC
everything was fine until freddy krueger popped up at the end and it went into event horizon territory. heck, i even like event horizon, but the switch in tone feels awkward here.

that said, i was glad i paid to see it on the big screen because it's technically amazing; you can practically feel the heat of the sun, and the sound design registers particularly well on surround sound. also, the charismatic cast make the procedural dialogue non-boring. and SYDNEY REPRESENT!

i rate it 3 inexplicable opera houses out of a possible 5.

Sam.

bored.
HSC
A friend saw it. Said it was the second worst film he'd ever seen.

Still, I haven't seen it, so. But Danny Boyle. The poor bastard never seemed to get it back after Trainspotting.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Sam. said:
But Danny Boyle. The poor bastard never seemed to get it back after Trainspotting.
ummm.. 28 days later? Thats a pretty good film

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC
imo The special effects of this film is amazing. The sound was great. Made me feel just-there. But some of the physics don't seem right..

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Whoa, finally someone agrees with me! Two other forum and everyone loved it, here everyone said exactly what I thought.

Thought it was a great 2/3 of a movie, then it changed tone completely. I liked the movie I was already watching! Could have been really good if they'd done the end differently. Although the style was kind of cool for a while (for the captain), it very quickly started to piss me off more than anything else.

Had potential, but didn't hit the spot for me.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
666_blessings said:

Anybody else seen this?
Dude, I was with you, worst movie ever. Full stop. Period. Storyline didn't even make sense????

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Storyline made enough sense. I just wish they had given some explanation as to what was up with Freddy Kruger besides a monologue that seemed a bit out of place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)