• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Super 12 (1 Viewer)

Random_87

HSC
N/A
dawso said:
yes, he is gud at what he does, that is choosing between passing to a forward on the burst, or spreading it along the line, half isnt really a tough position.....
I dont agree with that... Greegan is the best half back in the world. Im not just saying that there was proof in a news paper during the world cup in 03. It had stats on how long it took someone to pick the ball up and pass from the base of a ruck or scrum, greegan was the winner, it showed stats for who was the most accurate passer, and greegan was the winner and on top of that he makes good decisions and has more heart than any other player which shows in his courageous defence. So dont bag Georgie because hes the best in the business (other than Augustine Pichot the Argentinian Halfback), and we are lucky to have him. That being said, i cant wait to see whitts get a go in half back.

dawso said:
and tuquiri is at times very gud, but then wen u need him, he will drop a ball stone cold,....
i agree with that... Tuquiri, as i have said before = overated.

Back to Augustine Pichot..... What an amazing player, he is better than greegan in choosing options, equally as good a passer but maybe not as quick a passer. But i bet most people have never heard of him. If you get a chance to watch him play, do so and be mesmerized. LOL sounds like im Chris "Buddha" Handy talking about the wallabies.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
greegan is one of the strongest ppl eva...he like benchs 3 times his own body weight or sumthin rediculous

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
cappen said:
greegan is one of the strongest ppl eva...he like benchs 3 times his own body weight or sumthin rediculous
yeah ill pay that one, cause he is one strong bastard, but yeah, greegs is ok, i jsut wanna see whitts get a go...

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
whits will deff start (well should) for the first few tessts but wen it come to the big games, georgie just may get the call to start and lead by example

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Random_87 said:
So dont bag Georgie because hes the best in the business (other than Augustine Pichot the Argentinian Halfback), and we are lucky to have him. That being said, i cant wait to see whitts get a go in half back.

Back to Augustine Pichot..... What an amazing player, he is better than greegan in choosing options, equally as good a passer but maybe not as quick a passer. But i bet most people have never heard of him. If you get a chance to watch him play, do so and be mesmerized.
Yeah I've seen him play a few times and like you said he is really good. Though I don't think you can compare his decision-making to Greeg's coz he's never played at the elite level. On a side note, he will miss the rest of the S12 season but should be almost recovered before the International season.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
im still of the opinion chris whittaker is the best halfback around and would make the starting lineup of any other international side bar perhaps argentina now, since france dont have a decent halfback either.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
im poting for gregan best halfback around and whits is just unlucky to b playin at theis same time...hes a close seccond

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Whit's is like Stuart Macgill, around at the wrong time and always playing second fiddle even though he can walk into any international side(probaly not the all blacks with Justin Marshall).

Best SH i reckon are :
1. Justin Marshall
2. George Gregan
3. Chris Whittaker
4. Augstin Pichot
5. Byron Kelleher / Van der whestheizen back in the days

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
copious said:
Whit's is like Stuart Macgill, around at the wrong time and always playing second fiddle even though he can walk into any international side(probaly not the all blacks with Justin Marshall).
Yes I agree, Whits has been raped.

Howie, wtf is with your avatar gif?

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
We had our chances in that last 20 mins, to score that 4th try.

Can someone explain to me how the Crusaders are gonna get the final at home?

dawso

HSC
Paragon said:
Neat .. on my way to UNSW and just saw Justin Harrison and Phil Whittaker jogging in Kensington. Good stuff lads. Go show those Aucklanders whose boss. Good Luck.
gud 2 see people here recognise all the tahs players, especially that phil whittaker, hes my hero man, what position does he play again? blind side half back is it?

dawso

HSC
yeah, crusaders won wit bonus point wit 6 tries whilst the tahs shudda scored bout the same but for some fuked up reason decided 2 go 4 goals when down close?? hewatt so close 2 gettin intercepts near the end, geez...

anyway, now we all cheer on huever the crusaders play and if they win and the tahs get up as we all know they will, then we still get home grand final...

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
i think the crusaders got hurracanes again...i reckon the hurracanes are one of the only teams that could knock off the crusaders and if they did we would get the home final....

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
Tragic when he called the knock on by hewat, and it had come off his chest...that was try no. 4 with 20 minutes to spare....

dawso

HSC
Courtenay said:
Tragic when he called the knock on by hewat, and it had come off his chest...that was try no. 4 with 20 minutes to spare....
hmm......but.....

in true time, it was a blatant knock on, hewatt gave himself away, he played at the ball, and if it was the other way we would hav bitched, but yeah, with the technology, go to the try, bring it back and have a look.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)