Super 14 thread (1 Viewer)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Seeing as the comp kicks off on the weekend, and the only other rugby thread I could find was entitled Fuck Gregan Sucks, i thought Id start things off.

Im a Brumbies fan, and interested to see how the new western australian team fares. Hopefully Matty will be fit for us. Ill have more than half an eye on the tahs reds match as well, it seems Queensland are still a bit miffed that Sailor has left them: http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/articles/2006/02/06/1139074168383.html?from=rss

Surely there are some rugby fans out there???

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I am , avid All Blacks fan but thats another story. I've always followed the Wellington Hurricanes (during the Jonah days like 10 years ago). They;ve underperformed ALOT in recent times, but with Umanga concentraining only on super 14 we should have a good leader on the pitch. We got solid centres in conrad smith, nonu, mauger. Peeri Weepu is shaping into a very decent scrum half, Jimmy Gopperth is a gun with the boot, and we have two guys capable of tackling the shit out of anyone, Rodney So'oialo and Jerry cOllins.

So yeah im expecting big things this year from the Hurricanes.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Jerry collins is quality, but didnt Nonu go to the crusaders? He wanted to leave last year. Anyway, Hurricanes looked to have a good pre season, they run the brumbies off the field in a trial match. hosea gear ran riot down the wing, is he related to rico?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Nah nonu is still at the hurricanes, i think hes staying. And yup Hosea Gear is Rico's brother. Imagine two brothers on opposite wings for the all blacks lol.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Apparently Rogers only started training yesterday, i think Ewan said that he wont be match fit for a couple of weeks. I really feel for him, the way he has lost both his parents in recent years, hopefully for his and the wallabies sake he bounce back.

I loved that commentator on Fox's comment on Rico Gear a few years back... he said that his name made him sound like a drug dealer from brazil.

white lady

No Motivation Whatsoever
HSC
Im a bit of a rugby fan and follow the TAHS. Actually i'd like to see how the Force and the new SA team, the Cheetahs fair. I wish they could televise some of the matches on Prime or Ten. It's such a shame.

Kirika

HSC
Mwahaha im gonna revive the thread... the force v the brumbies is on right now! sloppy play so far imo in regards to all the penalties be given out but i guess thats to be expected in the first match. the force look quite promising, cant wait to see more!

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
hey copious i'm with you. go the Hurricanes and All Blacks. good victory over the blues yesterday

m00nks

HSC
Finally the tahs have beaten the reds!!!!!!! although i have to say they didnt play all to well, all that crap kicking from donnelly reminded me horribly of last years grand final. And how good was it to see big dell stick it to the qld crowd! Priceless.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
anyone playing that sportal super14 fantasy rugby comp ... maybe make a bos league?
go the tahs !!

rewster

HSC
Go the Waratahs! Qld actually played better than NSW for most of the game and it was only when they lost their halves that NSW got on top of them. Sam Cordingley surprisingly played very well and won MOTM. If he keeps it up he may come into contention for a wallabies jumper. Although I think Whitaker and Giteau would be better choices.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
RUB!X said:
anyone playing that sportal super14 fantasy rugby comp ... maybe make a bos league?
go the tahs !!
I've created one just then, the league code is 905515

URL is http://super14dreamteam.sportal.com.au

3 days till the next lockout! alternatively leave your email addreess in this thread and I will send an invite to you.

legerry

HSC
anybody actually play here?
if so, where, who for and what position.

Rogers is the bomb.
and i'm sick of Hewat not getting any credit just because he's a whitie, and the fact he's always played rugby.
sick of it.

legerry

HSC
the man does not have a 'd' in his last name.
i didn't say he was better than Larkham, i just said the man was good.

most overrated? you're tossing.
mark gerrard also rocks the shit.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Well, popularity here has clearly hit the roof.

How about them Waratahs, eh?

They don't have a chance until Gasnier joins them ..

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
The Force cant take a trick right now. I watched the game this morning, and spent the last twenty minutes looking to see how they were going to blow it this week. Hope the Brumbies clean up tonite, I should go to the game...

rewster

HSC
jack1 said:
Rodgers is the most overated player in the comp. Larkam is a thousand times better than him.
Yeah! Larkham is the best player ever! But I don't think Rogers is overated at all, no way.

HannahMc

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Well, popularity here has clearly hit the roof.

How about them Waratahs, eh?

They don't have a chance until Gasnier joins them ..
The tahs actually stand a really good chance to win this year. They've been playing well, apart from their loss a couple days ago, and they actually have a strong team. I guess we'll see how they go against the Hurricanes though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)