super understudying!!! HELP! Business/COmputing! (1 Viewer)

randomdude1

ok im doing business/computing and i just enrolled the otha day
but the thing is it seems i'm doing too little hours
heres my timetable:

Accounting for Business
-Tutorial: Thu 5pm

Economics For Business
-Tutorial: Fri 1pm

Information Sys. Principles
-Lecture: Wed 9am

Computer Fundamentals
-Lecture: Mon 2pm
-Comp Lab: Mon 4pm

all up that adds up to 6 and a half hours of study per week this semester....i am a full time student....it doesnt add up

like does anybody else here do bus/comp and have same kinda timetable?
is this normal? i was under the impression uni was 10+ hours a week at least

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well firstly your missing some classes, mainly because they don't get printed on your timetable sheet thing :p. For this you will need to go to http://timetable.uts.edu.au.

Accounting For Business has 1 lecture and 1 tutorial. The lecture is 2 hours and the tutorial is 1 hour. You can attend any of the lectures, hence why its not printed on your timetable.

Economics For Business has 1 lecture and 1 tutorial. The lecture is 2 hours and the tutorial is 1 hour. You can attend any of the lectures, hence why its not printed on your timetable.

Information System Principles has 1 lecture and 1 alternating tut/lab (I believe). The lecture is 1.5 hours and the tut/lab is 1.5 hours. The IT faculty prints both lectures and tut/labs on their timetables, but this subject requires you to register in a tut/lab in the lecture, hence you will have to wait until then.

Computer Fundamentals has 1 lecture and 1 lab. The lecture is 2 hours and the lab is 1 hour. This is printed for you, as I mentioned above.

That should now add up to 12 hours, which is quite normal for an IT and/or Business full-time student.

Well I hope that helps!

ToRnaDo

HSC
im now clear abt timetable hhehe...thanks Jase_REX :)

Do u know texts book for those subjects???? If yeas, please post them

Im looking for second hand books hehehehe.........

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
For Accounting For Business, the textbook used in 2003 was Accounting, 3rd Edition, by Horngren.

For Information System Principles, I presume you have your IT login account now, which means you can probably access http://learn.it.uts.edu.au/31060/ . This site has the subject outline and lecture notes and such from last semester. You can use this as a guide.

IronMike

HSC
N/A
im doing the bus/comp course as well. i was bit confused about my timetable too. thanx for ur help jase.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
It's ok :). They should really print ALL of the classes on the timetable. I'll try suggesting it to them.

Tia

Syd Mem
HSC
N/A
DAmN CaMp....
Clear on timetable though. Thanks man....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)