Superman Returns (1 Viewer)

persephone

HSC
Links to the trailer available from here.

Right click, save as.

* iPod 11mb zip file
* Quicktime Standard Definition 21mb
* Quicktime High Definition 480p 48mb
* Quicktime High Definition 720p 110mb
* Quicktime High Definition 1080p 188mb

It looks really good. And I was having doubts about Kate Bosworth and Brandon Routh but they look pretty good. They're not my favourite Lois and Clark actors but it looks good.

Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor just rocks!

Superman Returns released in Australia June 29 ... we get it before the rest of the world ... yay us!

Last edited:

walrusbear

HSC
i think this'll be mediocre to poor

hopefully they won't make that proposed batman v superman movie

persephone

HSC
Kevin Spacey. Just kicked ass in that trailer. I'm still hopeful for this movie, because of Bryan Singer more than anything.

Uh, I just realised I used the word good too many times in that first post ...

passion89

HSC
at first I thought this was gonna be another shitty, 'mass produced' film but when i found out it was by bryan singer, I rethought that...maybe it would be good?

walrusbear

HSC
keep in mind his good to shit movie ratio though
don't get your hopes up

persephone

HSC
Download/view trailers for SR here. There's 4 tv spots, 3 trailers in various formats.

bassguy

HSC
the thing is, superman is the suckiest suck that ever sucked
invincible superheroes are boring
as are heroes that fight for 'truth, justice and the american way'
anti-heroes are much cooler
or heroes with some moral ambiguity
like batman
so, regarding the superman vs batman thing, superman would regrettably win
because hes an invincible tosser

*ends rant*

Some_Guy

HSC
Batman (1989) >>>>>>>> Superman (1970whatever)

Unless this movie is more than a remake, like Batman begins, then it shall simply suck.

persephone

HSC
I don't know if there's any left, but there were advanced tickets on sale for Superman Returns on greaterunion.com.au for the George St cinema for 21st Wednesday, 9am.

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
I don't think I shall see it, as I'm already and inevitably gauging it against the superior superhero movie ever, Batman Begins. Pretty ridiculous, I know, but I'll wait 'til home release. Besides, who would prefer a guy who wears his undies on the outside?

walrusbear

HSC
bassguy said:
the thing is, superman is the suckiest suck that ever sucked
invincible superheroes are boring
as are heroes that fight for 'truth, justice and the american way'
anti-heroes are much cooler
or heroes with some moral ambiguity
like batman
so, regarding the superman vs batman thing, superman would regrettably win
because hes an invincible tosser

*ends rant*
it brings to mind an incredibly shit marionette tv show (think Thunderbirds) called Captain Scarlet
the stories had no tension, because Scarlet was literally unkillable. his character featured... unlimited, instant resurrection. so basically any problem could be solved with ease.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Doesnt anyone else find the mass SGI special effects far too much?

Yes, in the trailer.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
as an eternal superman fanatic, my views towards this film are always going to be bias..
at first, i was apprehensive about the film being made... i loved what singer did with x-men 1 and 2, so in that sense i was happy with him being at the helm...
on the other hand, even though they were made years before i was even born, i grew up with chris reeve as my superman. he was the idol i looked up to... now having another person, an unknown coming into his shoes to do the movie.. i didnt know whether it could be done..
however, after seeing footage from the film, i was quite pleased. especially with the way spacey seemed to be pulling off luthor.

inner child, you asked if we're worried about the mass CGI effects... i think that for most of the scenes, they dont have a choice... the trailer puts superman as being stronger, flying faster and all that jazz... how could they pull that off without some serious CGI input..?

i am very much looking forward to seeing it. i'll try my best to keep a level head and watch it with an unbias movie goer mind, but whether ill be able to pull that off or not is another matter altogether...

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
SiZmOs said:
as an eternal superman fanatic, my views towards this film are always going to be bias..
at first, i was apprehensive about the film being made... i loved what singer did with x-men 1 and 2, so in that sense i was happy with him being at the helm...
on the other hand, even though they were made years before i was even born, i grew up with chris reeve as my superman. he was the idol i looked up to... now having another person, an unknown coming into his shoes to do the movie.. i didnt know whether it could be done..
however, after seeing footage from the film, i was quite pleased. especially with the way spacey seemed to be pulling off luthor.

inner child, you asked if we're worried about the mass CGI effects... i think that for most of the scenes, they dont have a choice... the trailer puts superman as being stronger, flying faster and all that jazz... how could they pull that off without some serious CGI input..?

i am very much looking forward to seeing it. i'll try my best to keep a level head and watch it with an unbias movie goer mind, but whether ill be able to pull that off or not is another matter altogether...

well said :)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
ryan11 said:
I don't think I shall see it, as I'm already and inevitably gauging it against the superior superhero movie ever, Batman Begins. Pretty ridiculous, I know, but I'll wait 'til home release. Besides, who would prefer a guy who wears his undies on the outside?
who would prefer a guy whose costume involves moulded rubber nipples?

But i do look forward to hearing what happens to these Superman actors. THE SUPERMAN CURSE, PEOPLE!!!! kate bosworth might turn into teri hatcher *scary music*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)