• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Superstition (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
We were talking at dinner a while back about superstitions. My dad said that if someone had a fish bone stuck in their throat, his grandma would walk around the dinner table and bang the bowl that a cat feeds from (just any local stray or neighbourhood cat).

So....what are the superstition(s) you/your parents/your family believe in?

parawhoree

HSC
Well the typical if you walk under a ladder you get bad luck for the day, but ive always wondered if you walk backwards through the ladder does it counter it?

shoes on tables, do not do it. regardless of the fact that they're in boxes or not, just dont do it.

putting a shirt on inside out/backwards (with the tag at the front) is good luck, but if you reverse it (make it the right way) the luck turns bad.

The stuff about black cats is a load of whoey though. Black cats are awesome.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Don't believe in any superstitions, but if I have some upcoming thing that's making me nervous like a job interview or an exam sometimes I play stupid bargaining games with myself, like ''if I make this light before it turns yellow then I'll pass/get the job/whatever! Right? Right?!''

which is completely stupid and I know this but I do it anyway

Uncle

Banned
HSC
apparently 70 years ago a rapist cornered himself in our property and was surrounded and shot dead by police in our basement.

his ghost lingers around and apparently it has the advantage to sneak up but has no physical dick to assault anyone

but then its just our imagination

Jeee

Banned
HSC
apparently 70 years ago a rapist cornered himself in our property and was surrounded and shot dead by police in our basement.

his ghost lingers around and apparently it has the advantage to sneak up but has no physical dick to assault anyone

but then its just our imagination
Kewwwwl, do you live in a federation house?

chamelia

HSC
Mum still freaks if an umbrella is opened inside the house.

My boss always tells me that something nice will happen to me in 12hrs time when I pick up something off the floor that she has dropped.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
I can be really superstitious despite knowing it's all bullocks.

The one of: Don't put a hat on your bed, or any bed, because it'll mean someone you know will die.
I have extended that superstition to bobby pins, and any hair/hat realted objects.

gunne

Mew Nember
HSC
Don't believe in any superstitions, but if I have some upcoming thing that's making me nervous like a job interview or an exam sometimes I play stupid bargaining games with myself, like ''if I make this light before it turns yellow then I'll pass/get the job/whatever! Right? Right?!''

which is completely stupid and I know this but I do it anyway
I do this all the time
It's very stupid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)