Supp Texts - Imaginative (1 Viewer)

dereck

-*-D_jojo-*-
HSC
wicked_65 said:
Does anyone think Forrest Gump would be a suitable related text for imaginative journeys??

In terms of choosing forest gump as ur related text, An ADVANCED student would examine the composer's deliberate, yet sophisticated use of techniques....................SUREEEE FEING RED MAN BROTHER!!!!!!...........

Last edited:

Schmole

HSC
Considering there are alot of mainstream texts there, I thought I'd throw out something I'm sure noone would have used before.

Cradle of Filth's song "Nemesis". Be warned, it is Black Metal, so almost no words can be understood in the actual song, but the lyrics can be used if u think hard enough about them. :D

Cheers for the list though, has helped already in the 2 days I've been in Year 12 :p

rizamae

HSC
hey can sum1 please help me..........

i found that cartoon from leunig (i think) where there's like a long strip of paper comin out of the cartoon character's head....... but i dnt knw where the link is....... sum1 deleted my saved html link to it........

i feel stupid sayin dat........

thanx!

Belly button

HSC
hello! i am really interested in doing spirited away as one of my related texts but im finding it kinda hard to cover the whole thing because its just one big imaginative journey and it has stacks of techniques...we have this assessment where we have to do a speech with a related text and relate it back to coleridge and i dont know how to structure it...is there maybe a particular scene i can analyze?
pls help!!!
congrats to ppl who finished their hsc by the way :)

jwong90

HSC
hi i was thinking about using the cell as a supp. imaginative journey text(the movie with jlo in it) but does this actually suit for it?please tell me your opinion

cl3nta

HSC
yeh that movie works...
Anyone want to recommend texts to go with The Tempest. I have to choose two supp texts so was thinking might choose a bit wiser than just randomly:p

Niksta123

HSC
has anyone got anymore imaginative texts they have used?

like newspaper feature articles, short stories, speeches, interviews etc? if you do it would be much appreciated if you could share them with me! thanks heaps

nicoled161

HSC
I was wondering, does anyone have an ideas for a text I could use that isn't a:
Book
Movie
TV Show, or
Picture Book

??

Because we're meant to have 5 related texts, and so far I only have 4 (The Art of Travel, The Princess Bride, El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Homer, and The Red Tree). So I've run out of types of texts - our teacher won't let us do poems, because we're already doing Coleridge's, and we can't do songs either because they're too similar to poems. Does anyone have any ideas?
I thought about paintings (maybe Dali's 'The Persistence of Memory'?) but I can't really think of anything I could say about paintings!

^emmie^

HSC
You could do paintings i no heaps of people that have or you could do a journal or diary

TKO5

HSC
Hey guys,

I need some help on my Imaginative Journey text i'm doing ' The Neverending Story' and i need to know how this text is an imaginative journey and the techniques covey this message...
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanx

syera

HSC
N/A
hey guys,
can anyone explain how shrek or/and finding nemo portray an imaginative journey. i know there is the whole factor of talking animals, a world beyond our own etc, but anything deeper than that would be helpful =]

darkstar123

HSC
N/A
wat do u think of picasso's guernica as related text think i can use it for a speech

Sam.

bored.
HSC
I used Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk (the novel, but the film is good too) and Stay by Mark Forster. Stay isn't a great film, but it's a fantastic text to use. Too many techniques to mention in an essay and you can draw multiple meanings from its plot and its ending.

bleed

HSC

Vicly

HSC Victim
HSC
Does anyone know any visual texts which represents any of Coleridge's poems?

On about page 9 someone already posted http://susansart.org/sacred journey.jpg as a representation of lime tree or mariner, can anyone care to explain to me how it would represent the poems or imaginative journey for that matter?

Thanks!

nathzpiggie

HSC
Belly button said:
hello! i am really interested in doing spirited away as one of my related texts but im finding it kinda hard to cover the whole thing because its just one big imaginative journey and it has stacks of techniques...we have this assessment where we have to do a speech with a related text and relate it back to coleridge and i dont know how to structure it...is there maybe a particular scene i can analyze?
pls help!!!
congrats to ppl who finished their hsc by the way :)
for me i don't think you need to go too much detail into the actual movie. just like summarise what the movie's about, link it to how it's an imaginative journey - as you sed the whole thing's an imaginative journey, but what makes it imaginative etc etc and then use like 4 or 5 techniques to back up your links. i'm doing coleridge too! xD hahaha to link to coleridge you can either choose to link by techniques or link by ideas - if you choose to link by techniques, choose a common technique.. try not to link it and then branch off completely about ur poem and then completely to ur movie, keep it together + draw links throughout the speech.. also.. remember that the imaginative journey is THE main link for the two texts, and others are like smaller links.. yeh i don't think i'll bore you anymore.. hope this helps =P

oops. this is probably bit too late -_______-""""

Kabbasi

HSC
Yo guys, we are studying "The Tempest" now. I know I'll be using "Ode to a Nightingale" as one of my supplementary texts, but does anyone have a really good film text that I could use that would communicate its ideas? I'm really stuck as to what i should do. And PLEASE don't say 'well dude, look on this page' because i've been wikkiing all the imaginative ones and can't find anything that really links to it.

Mwah for any help!

babylupin

HSC
people could always use some 'Angel' episodes....i'd recommend 'Damage' s5 and 'Waiting in the Wings' s3.
and the M*A*S*H episode 'Dreams' is good

Dave2007

HSC
Does anyone know of any supp texts that would go well with Shakespeare's Tempest, the aos booklet and coleridge poems? Or have any decent notes on supplementary texts for imag journeys they wouldnt mind sharing?

msackles

HSC
i was wondering if the xmen films and the movie serenity are suitable texts for imaginative journeys?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)