Supp Texts - Imaginative (1 Viewer)

dreamee

HSC
An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge is very suitable. It's a short story by Ambrose Bierce.

frankus2

HSC
New kid on the block,
Just wondering if anyone can suggest a more modern song to use a related text for an assesment task (By recent i mean within the past 5 years)
Any and all help is much appreciated

IS250

HSC
We just studied a REALLY good text in class that might not be commonly used in other schools.

It's a film called Pan's Lanyrinth. Although it's a Spanish Film, it did win a couple of awards and has subtitles. The imaginative apects throughout the film are extremely strong and effective. Great as a supplementary text.

Can anyone suggest any other texts that wouldn't be typically used or popular? I like to be different.

A song that my teacher suggested as a good imaginative journey text was that song... [can't remember the artist and title]
"Oh i wish i was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair......i was born too late, into a world that doesn't care...."

Last edited:

frankus2

HSC
If your serious about finding a good supp txt for imaginary journeys, try to get your hands on an anime series called:
"Neon Genesis Evangelion" i got all the episodes for Xmas i watched them once and i knew it was perfect as a supp text (or a great way to enjoy anime);
But if getting your hands on the episodes is a bit of a pain find the closer film for the seires: "Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion" another great piece of anime great as a supp text (only if have a background on the series) but if want to use it search it on wikipedia, its got a great summary of the series
So in short a different "GOOD" Text:
"Neon Genesis Evangelion" (the Series), if thats too hard to get;
"Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion"

Happy hunting :cool:

Manda1

HSC
Does any1 have any notes and techniques on life of pi. Is it a book worth using? help!

HSC
a great text to use for the imaginative journey, is the poem, "The Thought Fox" by Ted Hughes.

amanda.cb

HSC
hi.
i need some related texts to the tempest.
ive already choosen to use spirited away but would like to do a novel and a poem.
any one got any ideas?
thanx

a dumb poof

HSC
just throwing around a couple of ideas for supp texts before i start my essay
and i was wondering if smallville would be a good choice? and if anybody can recommend anymore picture books it would be appreciated

thanks all

Prince Edward!!

HSC
Hey has anyone done Peter Pan (movie) and La Belle Dame Sans Merci by Keats as a related text with The Tempest???

PLs help if u hav any ideas on how they relate to The Tempest.

Thanx!

smash0

HSC
not sure if this has been suggested in previous pages but how bout
Transformers as an imaginative journey?

babylupin

HSC
Try some Isobelle Carmody (I suggest Alison Whitestarr) for a supp. text, or the Noughts and Crosses series.

Numerous Buffy and Angel Episodes can also be used, along with a few Supernatural Episodes.

karnage

HSC
Hey all, i was wondering if anyone could please recommend some related texts.

I've actually looked carefully at all the pages of the thread, and did a couple of searches.

Having trouble finding some sort of short film, poem, short story or something that would link to imaginative journey's facilitating personal growth, sorta contributing to them positively or helping them in some way (if thats a good way to put it). E.g. some bloke is going through some rough times, uses his imagination to provide some sort of escape.

I'd prefer not to do a movie, find that abit difficult. Not trying to sound like a bastard but yeah any help is greatly appreciated. :uhhuh:

I actually thought the Australian Summer one was a great short film, but to my luck. A number of students are doing it in my year, so yeah. Probably not a good idea.

Smithyo

Unleash Hell =)
HSC
how would you extactly link Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind to The Tempest?
Any advice is appreciated,

kirstali

HSC
ok, well my teacher has suggested 3 texts for me.
Plato's Republic - Book 9.
Augustine City of God
and the film What Dreams may Come.

anyone have anything on any of those texts?
thanks =]=]

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
amelia44 said:
How is Amelie an imaginative journey?
Dude I haven't even seen it but I'm pretty sure a girl who can't tell the difference between imagination and reality is on an imaginative journey of a kind. Say something about the dangers posed by being an imaginist etc...lol

InsanityFreedom

HSC
What does everyone think of using the film 'Primal Fear' as a supportive text for Coleridge? Please give me some advice!!!!

Klaxon

HSC
There are a good list of texts that are doable on here.

I personally am doing "Spirited Away" and one of Peter Hamilton's Novellas, "Deathday", which is a science fiction text about revenge.

The key thing you have to consider when choosing your texts is your audience. The chances that most students are going to choose one of the texts in the list at the start of this topic is VERY high. Think about how much of an impact a different text would have upon a marker.
For a marker to suddenly see a text that is fresh, it grabs their attention, as opposed to seeing three texts in a row that do "The Matrix", or "The wizard of oz".

Unfortunately we have to face the fact that texts that are stereotypically imaginative journeys will also inevitably have stereotypical points, as there is so much content that exists for them that is avaliable from the internet.

Choose a text that no-one, or not many people have. Then delve deep to find key ideas and values that would have a 'wow' factor.

ejbowtell

HSC
You could use Tim Burton's short film 'Vincent' for an Imaginary Journey.

I think it comes in the special features of his Nightmare Before Christmas DVD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)