Supp Texts - Imaginative (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
they wont use it for their related for journeys so no u wont b competing with them at all...neways its not that hard to deconstruct...another thing, ive spoken to several teachers who r incidently markers and they have no problems with it, as well as advice line teachers...the only thing that markers have a problem with is, say ur doin coleridge, then for ur related u use the other prescribed text for Imaginative Journey...

Jesykah

hey im not sure if this has already been asked but can you use, as a supp text, an episode of a TV show??

S

Shuter

You damn well better be able to, as I'm going to use the Simpsons Chilli Cook-off episode aka El-Vaje Mysteriouso de Homer. When he eats the mexican insanity pepper and goes off on his imaginary journey to achieve spiritual enlightenment.

Jesykah

haha excellent!
Im going to do it anway.....
I couldn't see why I wouldn't be aloud but i thought i would just check and see if anyone knew for sure

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yep im sure, u can use basically nething (within logical reason e.g u cant use something sexually explicit, well i doubt u can) so tv episodes r fine

S

Shuter

The exam will tell you. Be prepared for a minimum of two in any one area.

Russo

HSC
N/A
can anyone tell me how jumanji is an imaginative journey, because i have gone blank

skulduggery

Techno rocker
HSC
Stargate. :D

Russo - Jumanji....course it's imaginative. Anything made up is. Do you often get stampedes in your house, and crazy games sucking people up? Or plagues of monkeys, locusts etc.

Hope that helps.

P.S. To whom it may concern, here's a suggestion: the prescribed texts (i.e. so will not be counted as additional material) in the big, helpful list at the beginning of this thread should be asterisked so that people know.

Last edited:

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
im using spirited away and alice in wonderland as my related texts... i was wondering which poems by coleridge i should related it to... i was thinking of relating alice in wonderland with This lime tree bower my prison and spirited away with kubla khan...
Not sure how to related spirited away with kubla khan though... do any of you have any ideas???

Franklin

I'm using LIfe of PI- anyone got any sugestions of how to analyse it?? I'm really stuck. also could Quidam (video or program) be an imaginative journey?? if so, what could you talk about for it??

Last edited:

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Anyone know if i could use the following as related mats:
At Seventeen by Janica Ians
Ode to a Nightingale
Donnie Darko

??

HSC
Couple More

Heres a couple more for imaginative journeys mainly.

Song
Wherever I May Roam - Metallica

Movie
Vanilla Sky

Wherever I may Roam I reckon is a really good one in conjunction with Journey to the interior or the road not taken as it addresses similar concepts in the self discovery aspect of imaginative journeys.

stephy22

Additions to the related materials list...

Sorry i didn't copy and paste the whole list... I thought i might just add it on.. but here are my two recommendations for Imag. Journey related material
Movie - (both starring Nicole Kidman)
* The Others
* The Stepford Wives

aurora

need help on related texts for the imaginative journey

tunat said:
here are some for anyone whos stuck:
movies:
a beautiful mind
spellbound
my big fat greek wedding
minority report
the never ending story
sliding doors
star wars
matrix
lord of the rings
back to the future
K-pax

i hope that helps...i can post more if people need them...:)
do u have any good related texts to the imaginative journey other than movies? preferrably short, not long ones like a novel... thanx

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
sami_87 said:
I have a few, but they have probably been mentioned b4, but here we go;
titanic
saving private ryan
Ghandi
catch me if you can

I have some more aswell, those are just a few.
tell me, how on earth can these be 'imaginative texts' when every single one of them is based on a true story?????

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
both awesome movies...pulp fiction i cant really c it as an imaginative journey, and going from what they say on the advice line, its no point doing something where ur straining to relate it to imaginative journeys, ud rather have an obvious link so u can then spend more time discussing techniques and shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)