Supp Texts - Imaginative (1 Viewer)

dediho

HSC
lucy in the sky

hey, how did ppl link imag. journeys to lucy in the sky with diamonds, cos i stuffd it up for my portfolio. i did that bad that my teacher kept it n told me to do it from sratch.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
im planning to use calvin and hobbes as one of my visual text.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
umm the lil boy and its tiger friend, i'll show you later judy.

imaginative journey text:
-alice in wonderland: lewis carrol
-sliding doors (film)
-star wars (film)
-war of the worlds (film)
-matrix movies (film)
-LTOR (film)
-the unsual suspect (film)
-back to the future (film)
-harry potter (film)
-k pax (film)
-play station games
-walking the boundaries (novel)
-dune (novel)
-Alice in wonderland (book)
-Sophie's world (novel)
-taronga (novel)
-Tomorrow when the war began (novel)
-life of pi (novel)
-HP series (novels)
-the lovely bones (novel)
-the hobbit (novel)
-LTOR (novel)

cameron0110

HSC
Just another idea might be the Raven by Edgar Allan Poe. It's pretty long but that just means there is more to write about right? ;)

G-Banger

OMG lol

its Space Oddity - David Bowie

and Stairway to Heaven is sang by Led Zeppelin :)

actually another good song to study is a Jerfferson Airoplane song called "white rabbit" its drugs orientated and talks about alice aswell.. and pretty much any Black Sabbth song cause ozzy osbourne was pretty much stonned during the writing of lyrics and singing lol

and for good song facts go to www.songfacts.com and they have a good database of each song with the meaning and stuff in it.. lol i found out the other day that stairway to heaven if played backwards from 4:20 it has a satan message LOL

neways i hope that helps :)

Last edited:

MissGeorgie

Harvie Krumput directed by Adam Elliot. it works really well coz the uses Harvey as the "everyman" figure, like leunig cartoons. harvie's journeys are symbolic of human journeys etc...and also the director has an imag journey....im sure u can figure it out, lol, i couldnt b bothered typing it all :p

good luck all

wildtiger

HSC
This is a really good imaginative supp text, Linklater's WAKING LIFE

it uses animation, dischordant music, lots of bright colours and other techniques which u can explore in great detail in essays. I highly recommend and would've picked it myself had i come across it 5months ago

R

randhi

i know it is late, but i need to be reassured that Frankenstein by Mary shelley is a good sup text for the imaginative journey? can i use it guys?

Agas

Stressed
HSC
Suggestions

I am using Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came by Robert Browning, it is really easy to find techniques etc. and there is a heap on it from sparksnotes.com

The Only problem i would say is that it is fairly long for a poem where as Keats' On First Looking Into Chapman's Homer is like 10 lines.. depends what you are all looking for i suppose

Lucy in The Sky with Diamonds is one other really good text but it is one of the more popular ones so if you want to do well, try and find something original that not many other people are doing

Keep Smilin!!!!!

R

randhi

lol!! see i was using keats On First Looking for Chapman's Homer, but my teacher i cna't use it because for the core texts i have Coleridge and as Keats is another poem she said it was too much poetry.
thanks anyways
*<=0)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Randhi, my teacher said hte same hting to me too, as i wanted to use Keats relating it to Coleridge,howeva i called advice line today and the teacher told me that i can use it so long as either my stimulus text is visual or i get anotha visual related text...I talked to a few otah teachers at scool, they sed wot im doin is fine ill make sure next week, but yeh, i recommend u call advice line or talk to diff teachers and try and get a general consensus, u shud b aight

R

randhi

lol!! i wish i heard that a month ago, i've already got another text and even prepared for it. But thank you anyhow!!!

Ingypingy

HSC
Well, I WAS using Pilgrim's Progress, by John Bunyan, and also the book of Revelation from the Bible. BUT they are both Christian (didn't intend for it... it just sorta happened in a mad rush to find a second text).

So I'm thinking of changing Revelation to Imagine by John Lennon... I can't believe I am changing my text 9 days before the exam!!! argh!!!

Any thoughts? should i just stick with was I've been doing (even though I havn't been getting great marks for it) or change? doh!

R

randhi

i was going to use Imagine by Lennon but then my teacher adviced me to not even touch it because everyone does it, i think its best to stick what u've already got!!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh the only thing u need to worry bout is some sort of variety in terms of TEXT type

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
hey, I can't be bothered to read this thread so someone might have said this...but just in case, I noticed someone suggested Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech. I wouldn't recommend it since it's a set text for the advanced 'speeches' module. I thought that meant you couldn't use it for anything else? Anyway even if you can, there's classes which have studied it and analysed it so you're competing against people who probably know it better than you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)