Supp Texts - Inner (1 Viewer)

fatmuscle

HSC
Post your suggested supplementary texts for AoS: Inner Journeys here.

Please keep spam to a minimum; it will be deleted.

post away!

Last edited by a moderator:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Lord of the Rings (especially Aragorn, but all members)
(umm Ill add more when I think of them.)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
James Joyce-A Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man.

This would be excellent for a supplementary text, as the novel is a great read (Honest), and Joyce uses interesting techniques to reflect Stephen Dedalus's personal development.

These include the prose in each section (there are five throughout) becoming increasingly sophisticated, from childish idiom to the language of an 'artist', or the narrative ultimately shifting to first-person diary entries. [As such, it can be seen that Stephen functions as the author of the entire work, therefore depicting 'his' own journey through the text of 'Portrait'.. Brilliant, and good to write about.]

:)

Gemstone

Um okay I have a few on my list for inner journey's texts,

Movies
American Beauty - The last few scenes where the guy (sorry can't remember his name) is reflecting on what has happened as he dies.
LotR - there's heaps of sences in this Frodo and what happens to the ring. Aragon's choice with the Paths of the Dead. The decision of the fellowship to send Frodo and heaps more. The books are sometimes better.
Moulin Rouge - At the end where Satine tells him she doesn't love him and how he goes back to find out why.
Rabbit Proof Fence - The Journey of the girls and there perserverence to make it home regardless of the distance.

Books
The Tommorow Series - There's heaps in these books. The inner journey of any of the characters and how they manage to deal with the idea of a war so close to home.
Letters From the Inside - The stories of the two girls lifes and how they deal with them.
Firesong - Inner journey of Bowman and Kess when they leave their parents.

Poems
Footprints - Kindda self explanitory

Songs
Cats in the Craddle - The father and how he realises that his son is "just like me."
Superman - "even hero's have the right to dream"

Okay yeah that's about it from me for now I hope it helps oh yeah Wizard of Oz - and how all of them go on a jjourney because they need something and how they discover that/find that. Yeah so that's all hope it helped.

Gemma

Gemstone

Um another point there are a heap of movies listed in that 'Blood on the Tracks' text in the journey's booklet I can't remember them all but there are about 6 or 7.

Gemma

**DeEjAY_EjAy**

The Jedi Pimp
HSC
hey try walk to remember, the movie or the book by nicholas sparks, or I am Sam, Or try the john marsden's Tomorrow series, Its the best books read ive had in ages! To kill a mockingbird is pretty great to study on inner journey (scout finch's journey) if youve studied it in year 10, movie or book

My mate had the pretty mediocore suggestion of inner journeys in that shannon noll remake of "what about me", u know about the little boy shoutin out wat about me etc....she linked it to inner journeys pretty well i donno how, but it worked out pretty well. Or the song Last kiss by pearl jam :) hope that helps!

Gemstone

Another one

i am the cheese - (if you studied it in year 11) The inner journey of the protaganist and how he reveals his life story over the book.

The Truman Show - (you probably study it this year for image.) You can use it for the inner journey of trueman and how he learns about what is going on and how he conquers his fear of the ocean and leaves.

Thats all at the momment.

Last edited:

cloudpkk

The Pwner!
HSC
N/A
Films
Shrek
American History X
Bend it like Beckham
City of Angels
Forest Gump
My Best Friend's Wedding
Proof of Life
Rabbit Proof Fence
The Shipping News
Dead Poets Society

Song
Fly
Lose Yourself
Cleaning out My Closet

kanxon

1. Title and Composer- American History X

Type of text- Movie

Source- 1998 New Line Productions

2. Brief summary of content

The film American History X, is about a former neo-Nazi, who tries to prevent his younger brother from going down the same wrong path that he did.

The story begins with Danny, played by Edward Furlong, the younger brother. Danny is writing his family history as an assignment for Dr. Sweeny, the school principal played by Avery Brooks. A black man of impeccable courage and conviction and Dannys paper is part of what Sweeny calls "American History X"

His older brother whom he admires, imitates and tries to be like, Derek Vinyard is played by Edward Norton, an intelligent young man. Derek was once a kind and calm adolescent, but because of his fathers death, a fireman killed while trying to put out a fire at a suspected drug den, becomes racist and full of hatred.

Dereks decline into the world of disillusion and hate, known as White Supremacy, soon lead him to becoming the leader for a gang of local white kids. While the local movement grows, Derek's inner journey pollutes him with more and more hate. This moral deterioration hits climax, when Derek is convicted manslaughter for killing three Afro-Americans who try to steal the truck his father gave him. In jail he is shown the error of his ways, through the hard way.

Hope I was of some help to you guys

Gemstone

Oh the Diary of Anne Frank

We got an excert from it for our assessment. From the bit we got I decided it was about how she realises that although things are hard for her she is better off than others, and also the realisation that she can do nothing to help anyone. Can't remember what page this bit was from, and I haven't read the whole book so I don't really have any idea where abouts it's from in the book.

Gemma

Pen269

I thought maybe a movie for inner journey's could be SAVE THE LAST DANCE. You know the one with Julia Stiles in it.

Whitlamsfan

Movies
Neon Genesis Evangellion: End Of Evangellion

Books
Ninteen Eighty-Four - George Orwell (especially Winston)

Songs
Blow Up The Pokies - The Whitlams

kalinda

HSC
i have lived a thousand year or any other biographys are great for inner journey

malkin86

HSC
Othello, if you studied it in yr11

East of the Mountains is a book that overlaps journeys.

Last edited:

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Song - Believe it or not Metamorphosis by hilary duff... bad song bad bad song but it is really relevant.

"Oh! The Places You'll Go" is awesome for physical/imaginative and inner journeys... its a picture book by Dr. Seuss.

The movie Rainman is really good too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)