supp txt: Lord of The Rings (1 Viewer)

JonzeH

HSC
hey crammers,

for my AOS i am using the ivory trail, the skryznecki poerty(obviously), aron runslte interview (about a guy who had to amputate his own arm to escape a canyon) and LOTR.

my criteria that i am focusing on is that jouneys are a rough road to that lead u to reach an understanding or resoulotuion within the subject.

so what am i asking u guys for??

what i need is some scene refferences of where it all takes toll upon Frodo, i want to be able to describe the camera angles and other features such as music, and so forth that emphaisie this...

p.s. from any of the 3 episodes...

E

Elenessa

Well, I'm a LOTR fan so I can tell you a couple of scenes. I'm assuming you want the movie scenes but I can point out book scenes too. the following are from the movie

In FOTR:
1)
When Frodo realises that he has accomplished the first journey in getting the ring to Rivendell. That includes the quote frodo says "I am ready to go home". This then leads to when Frodo sees the council arguing in 'the council of elrond' and he looks and the ring and it whispers to him. This is when he comes to the realisation that he needs to become the ringbearer again.

2)
When Frodo realises the consequences of his journey with the fellowship when they escape Moria and Gandalf is 'dead' (fallen). The way that was filmed was really good, it affects other members of the fellowship too. Here Frodo realises that if he stays with the other members of the fellowship more of his friends/kinsmen will be injured/hurt/die.

3)
At the end of FOTR when he gives that last look at Merry and Pippin who are hiding from the uruk-hai in a kind of cave thing. Frodo sees his cousins, understands what he will be leaving behind and resolves to leave to spare them further hurt.

In TTT

Frodo and Sam's journey through the maze of Emyn Muil (all the rocks that they travel through in circles) leads Frodo to the understanding that they need Gollum/Smeagol, no matter the fact Gollum tried to kill him in an involved fight scene with Gollum's hands around his neck

Frodo's capture by Faramir (this is only in the movie - plot device by director and writers) brings the understanding of how the ring corrupts others and strengthens his resolve to escape faramir so he can destroy it.

In ROTK
(This movie has all the culminations of his journey - there are many parts but i'll just give the major scenes)

Frodo's (not really, well actually probably journey) encounter with Shelob (giant spider) and subsequent near death brings the understanding that Gollum betrayed him (technically not correct, if you want I'll explain in another post) and he sent away Sam on unreasonable grounds.

Frodo's journey after his ordeal at the hands of orcs in Cirith Ungol across the plains of Gorgolath shows the toll bearing the rings has taken on him, and the knowledge that he doesn't have the strength to reach Orodruin (Mt Doom). This is, of course followed by that amazing scene where Sam carries Frodo.

From this point of the movie on, each movement/action/word Frodo says/does is part of his physical and emotional/spiritual journey.

I would also like to point out that the end of Frodo's journey is not when the ring is destroyed although people tend to think so.

He had a physically taxing fortnight (14 days) of healing after his rescue from Mt Doom. Mentally he also had to deal with the loss of his finger.

Most importantly, his journey back to his beloved Shire truly shows how much he has changed.

The following is taken from: http://councilofelrond.com

It includes actions and is faithfully compiled by everyone at Council of Elrond

Frodo: How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back? (Shot of Bag End looking exceptionally tidy.) There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep…that have taken hold.

(Frodo is sitting at Bilbo's writing desk, writing something on the page before him. Frodo closes the book and opens to the title page showing 'There and Back Again by Bilbo Baggins.' He reaches for his pen, and the sound of him writing something can be heard. Overtaken by a sudden pain he puts down the pen and holds his shoulder. Sam enters the room behind him.)

Sam: Mr. Frodo? What is it?

Frodo: (grimacing) It's been four years to the day since Weathertop, Sam. It's never really healed.

(Sam looks at the book over his shoulder.)

Sam: 'There and Back again, a Hobbit's Tale by Bilbo Baggins'…and 'The Lord of the Rings by Frodo Baggins.' You finished it.

(Frodo closes the book.)

Frodo: Not quite. There's room for a little more. (He smiles gently up at his friend.)

And also

Frodo: We set out to save the Shire, Sam. And it has been saved. But not for me.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I recommend you ask this question in a forum at Council of Elrond, all of us will be able to add many more scenes

Elenessa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)