Supplementary exams- what'll happen? (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
What happens if I can't make it to the supplementary exam if I am still sick??

on my letter, they said that 'if you fail to take the supplementary examination at the time and place indicated above, your current result for (course) will become your final grade'

Does that mean if i can't make it I'll fail? (I am not failing at the moment)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
no i think it means that they will just use your current results before taking the supp exam

so it's like saying they will ignore the fact that you have requested to take a supp and just use any results you currently have

asdf

HSC
how do these supp. exams work? Do u apply before/after u do an exam or something? i remember last semster physics...all the guys that failed were alowed to take a sup exam without applying beforehand i think.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
sugaryblue said:
What happens if I can't make it to the supplementary exam if I am still sick??

on my letter, they said that 'if you fail to take the supplementary examination at the time and place indicated above, your current result for (course) will become your final grade'

Does that mean if i can't make it I'll fail? (I am not failing at the moment)
I would call somone RIGHT AWAY about this to check what should be done. You wont fail, but you may need to take another supp, or as redsalert said, it may be based on yuor marks up until now.

asdf said:
how do these supp. exams work? Do u apply before/after u do an exam or something? i remember last semster physics...all the guys that failed were alowed to take a sup exam without applying beforehand i think.
The process is that if the school deems your application fit you will be given a supp exam for illness. If you fail I think the process is that the lecs review your preformance thus far and offer you a supp on the basis of that, without you needing to apply. It is your responsibility to check if you are entitiled to a supp exam.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
try doing exams if youre sick. i was sick and applied for a supp exam. they looked at my marks and saw i failed the assessments so they didnt let me do a supp exam at all. therefore i got 0 for the exam and failed the subject. they told me they wont give me a supp exam after the marks were released.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
ezzy85 said:
try doing exams if youre sick. i was sick and applied for a supp exam. they looked at my marks and saw i failed the assessments so they didnt let me do a supp exam at all. therefore i got 0 for the exam and failed the subject. they told me they wont give me a supp exam after the marks were released.
ouch!
what course was this for?

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
micro
beats doing discrete

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
karl u bloody stalker...

that aside, hi sugaryblue:p. Don't turn up to supp, your problem, the previous mark will be used.

Affinity

HSC
t-i-m-m-y said:
karl u bloody stalker...

that aside, hi sugaryblue:p. Don't turn up to supp, your problem, the previous mark will be used.
is this tim? :D

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
yup it sure is. fellow nerd :D, okay well a wannabe nerd:p
hehehe

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
well some subs have a fail policy if you dont attempt the final ie most subjects In the school of BABS which have a must pass final policy.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
screw it :(

If I walk in with a headache and runny rose, I aint' gonna do any better.
arrgghh...

what should i do?? :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)