Supplementary Materials (1 Viewer)

tarini

HSC
Well, I am doing Inner Journeys and was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on songs or poems to do cos I have no idea and am really stressed cos I have to do my assessments a week earlier as I need to go to Germany. Anything would help!!Thanks

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
If i was doing inner journey i would do 'Looking for Alibrandi' or if you can't do that cause it's a prescribed text (i haven't found out about this yet) i would do her new one 'Saving Francesca' she is a beatiful writer and her characters really to transform.
Um Shakepeare is always good. Somethign like Romeo and Juliet - cause she undertakes an inner journey developing from a child to an adult over the span of a week

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
physical journeys

physical journeys... thats what i'm doing as well. I think its one of the hardest to find information for cause you have to chose texts that are sophisticaed enought and suit teh purpose. I am personally going to use Almost Famous in mine becuase i love that movie.

Um i know someone who wants to do Shrek... I'm planning to read Lord of the Flies this holidays as a suppliementary text for Physical journeys.

I guess with this topic you can really use anything where a character moves away or something as long as you can link it with an inner journey. From my perspective (and i'm not 100% sure this is correct) the pysical joureny unit allows you to bring in aspects of the inner and immaginative journey as well - as a physical journey generally invovles a inner journey.

Some other texts could be, gee i've forgotton the name of this one... it'll come to me in a sec. thats it the Wizard of Oz - with that one you've got about 4 journeys - each different character goes on a physical journey and develops wanted characteristics.

Cinderella could be a good one to i think - depending on how you fit it into the physical jorney - she changes her appearacne and with that her attitude etc. Thought i'd be a bit worried about using that in this topic - mabye inner moreso.

I haven't really got any others planned at the moment. I'm scowering newspapers for any aspects of a journey also. I have found those human interst stories in Dolly are good - i'm planning on using two of those to write about inner journeys.

I can't think of a play which invovles this - um again pygmalion is on that cinderella storyline. Trying to think of a shakespearian one but i cant sorry.

hope that helps

Leto

ah it looks like I'm in the same situation as tarini cept I'm doing physical journey =.=

exam in like 2 weeks and I can use written material

any suggestions on a poem / song or just a general poet or artist I could try would be helpful.... trying to avoid novels as I would need to take out a section and use it or write a review / plot summary

enter~space~cap

{Enter-Space-Capsule}
im stuck with physical journeys as well.......i wanna do any other journeys other than that!!!!

coz i can think of a lot of other texts for imaginative and inner

ferginator

ANy one looking for a text on inner journeys should look at strictly ballroom the movie it is an excellent inner journey both of the main characters and of the people who "run"ball room dancing another good example is the movie "the lion king" with SImba's inner journey

deviant

does anyone have texts that can relate to rabbit proof fence for physical journeys?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I think that Joseph Conrad-Heart Of Darkness could work well, seeing the text depicts both 'physical'/imaginative (The travel down the Congo River) and 'inner' (Marlowe) journeys. It would also work as a contrast to many other texts, seeing the journey within is largely negative (the horror, the horror), and this can be seen in the effect of the journey upon Marlowe's psyche, represented through Conrad's use of narration.

Additionally, James Joyce-A Portrait Of The Artist Of A Young Man may go nicely for 'inner' journey, seeing the text consists of Stephen Daedalus' progression from childhood to adulthood, casting off the shackles of religion and ideology in the process. (Interesting techniques are also used to show the journey, such as the narrative shifting from third-person to first-person, and the writing becoming progressively 'mature' throughout, beginning with babytalk and moving onwards...

Thomas_wow

i did imaginative articles southern nsw guy.

i chose
fight club (movie)
enders game (orson scott card)
heart of darkness
tempest (school thing)
and margaret atwoods poem from stimulus

another good one to use is
bladerunner/do androids dream of electronic sheep o_O

HSC
i'm doing Anthony Burgess' A Clockwork Orange (the novel, not Kubrick's film) as my supplementary. It's a pretty difficult read, but also very good for the area of study.

The book is very differerent thematically from the film, if any of you are wondering. The film would NOT make a good inner journey supplementary, in my opinion.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I know Leunig cartoons are probably the best to use for a visual text. Does anyone know of any websites that have his cartoons? I want to use one of the cartoons, but can't find them anywhere!

I guess my 'holiday-brain' is quite un-developed.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
I know Leunig cartoons are probably the best to use for a visual text. Does anyone know of any websites that have his cartoons? I want to use one of the cartoons, but can't find them anywhere!
Ditto that. Would anyone be able to scan up a cartoon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)