• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Supplementary Text for Extension English (1 Viewer)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Hey guys,

I currently need help in finding a supplementary text for an extension english assignment. It has to deal with 'The End' i.e the human experience of the end, and must relate to the nature of evil. It also must be a text that was composed from 1980 onwards.

Help will be appreciated.

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
Well, instead of using Apocalypse Now, why not use Heart of Darkness? Appropriated text, yes, but voices more through the novel than the film.

*emi*

HSC
hey guys... got an english xt oral to do (eurgh sooo cant be bothered giving it up for hsc)
need to look at a key text from the class, and its appropriation
got to write about stuff like....
--> relationship between key text and its culture
--> ways in which the text shapes and reflects value
--> relationship between the appropriation and its culture
--> ways in which the appropriation shapes and reflects values
--> ways and reasons the original text and the later manifestation of the text are valued

got NO CLUE which texts to do... :S

can only think of the obvious ones.. emma and clueless, 10 things i hate about you and taming of the shrew, romeo and juliet, pride and prejudice...
would prefer to do a book i have already read.. so can anyone think of any good appropriations of anything??? haha..
texts i've read recently include catch 22, 1984, anna karenina, brave new world, great expectations....

thanks HEAPS guys.....

-em xxx

topsyturvy86

HSC
ryan11 said:
Well, instead of using Apocalypse Now, why not use Heart of Darkness? Appropriated text, yes, but voices more through the novel than the film.
Yeah, I agree. Heart Of Darkness seems to be a really difficult text as you begin, but it gains clarity as you progress into the novella. I hated it at first, was thinking about dropping ext english and stuff, but i got through it, and came to like it.

If you need help while your reading it, dont hold back to contact me or anything.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
topsyturvy86 said:
Yeah, I agree. Heart Of Darkness seems to be a really difficult text as you begin, but it gains clarity as you progress into the novella. I hated it at first, was thinking about dropping ext english and stuff, but i got through it, and came to like it.

If you need help while your reading it, dont hold back to contact me or anything.
Unfortunately, this assignment was done a few weeks ago, so I can't take you up on your offer.

Thanks for offering though :) I'll ask you if I need help with english :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)