Supplementary text --> plz dont ignore me! (1 Viewer)

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
hey guys thanx for coming in.......ok...i have to find a supplementary text as part of my assessment and i've found the speech from Martin Luther King, Jr.: "I Have a Dream".....

if anyone has done this for their supp material...can u plz help me and point out to me how techniques are used in the speech and wat it says about journeys!!!

thank u soo much..
i need this asap...

Blue View

HSC
Hey, I'm not doing this text but from what I've heard I don't think it's a good idea to do this text as it is a prescribed text or something!! I'm not sure so you should check with your teacher first!

Some of the techniques that you could talk about are the repetition of several lines throughout the speech, the allusion ("five score years ago..." - allusion to Gettysburg Address), imagery (Negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity), alliteration (...come to cash this check...)

Most of this stuff I just either thought of while reading the speech or searched for "analysis of literary devices used in 'I have a dream' speech" in google. If you need any more help with this I would be happy to help!! Oh and by the way when you are mentioning these techniques make sure you go into heaps of detail when discussing the effect which these techniques induce on the responder or the flow, etc. of the poem itself from an imaginative journey perspective!!

sv_88

HSC
N/A
martin luthur

I am doin the martin luther speech "i have a dream" for Imaginative journey has any1 done this as a text?? nd wat text did they use??, how did they relate it back to imaginative journey?? any help would be great

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
hopefully there will be resources around in the forums under the "Advanced English - Module B: Critical Study of Texts" sub-forum for Martin Luther King. it is part of an analysis of 12 Speeches for that module, hence many question's threads will contain "speeches" or, the name of the person who delivered the speech (e.g. Socrates, King, Lincoln, Pearson, etc...), and have a browse through, or use the search tool.

alternatively, there are info under the Resources section of www.boredofstudies.org, under Module B - Speeches, among King Lear and others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)