Supplementary Texts (1 Viewer)

Intellectualism

HSC
Hey guys =D

I'm new to this website/forum. I'm a 2008 HSC student studying Advanced English. I'm wondering if you can help me with finding supplementary texts for the Area of study - we're focusing on physical journeys, studying Peter Skerzynecki's poetry. - I already found two: Rainman (movie) & Lord of the flies (novel), however, we're required to find four. If anyone can suggest related texts it would be greatly appreciated. =]

Thanks.

MattSM

HSC
Travel guide articles from newspapers are always a good physical journeys texts.

Intellectualism

HSC
Hmmm, I didn't think of that. That's a good idea. Can travel guide articles be used as a text though? because a journey must be significant & although travel guides show the destination they don't show the catalyst, encounters & transformation in a journey. Maybe they do & i just havn't realised it lol.

Thanks for the help. =]

spangacrab

HSC
Type in Google images.

MC Escher - Reptiles.

Anything by MC Escher, easy and effective.

Intellectualism

HSC
Thanks heaps.

I also wanted to ask, can i use a children's picture book as a supplementary text or is it better to use texts originally targeted at older students? If picture books are okay to use, but the book doesn't mention the journey's catalyst for instance can i make it up via the pictures' symbolism/representations?

emilybradstreet

HSC
Hey another one!

Here are some ideas my tutor gave me:

1) Requiem for a dream - film

2) Sizwe Bansi is dead - play by athol fugard

3) The life you lead - cartoon by Leunig (or any cartoon by leunig really)

4) Dali paintings

5) Poetry by John Keats such as Ode to a Nightingale or To Autumn

6) Other poems by the Romantics such as Lord Byron, Coleridge (just not the prescribed ones haha), Wordsworth, Blake or Shelley. Even Yeats!

7) Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe

I'm doing Leunig and a poem by TS Eliot! Hope that helped.

winnigj

HSC
N/A
i know "Mr Curly transports wayfaring pilgrims" and "journeys" are good one's for physical journeys, if that helps.
btw if anyone knows where i could acces
"Mr Curly transports wayfaring pilgrims" that'd be so much help!!

Brodie.allen

HSC
Hey.:wave:

Anyone got any ideas for supplementary text for Physical journeys that are poems or articles of some sort is so pllz tell me thanxx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)