Supportive texts? (1 Viewer)

TheGeetz1995

HSC
How many supportive texts do we need for module C? And does anyone know any good supportive texts for Julius Caesar?:bosman:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
How many supportive texts do we need for module C? And does anyone know any good supportive texts for Julius Caesar?:bosman:
Two. I had a primary one with a back up in case in the question asked for texts (only used one as that's what was asked). For belonging I had three(Two very solid), but went with one ultimately when it only needed one in test.

And what aspects of Julius Caesar are you looking to discuss? You shouldn't be looking for a text that is like Julius Caesar persay, but one that can mesh well with what insights you are discussing for Conflicting perspectives. In mine, I spoke about culture, tension between innocence and maturity, conflicting perspectives within an individual and family-my related text overlapped with these themes from my prescribed.

Bec Johnston

HSC
But does anyone know any texts that go well with Julius Caesar?
I did a text (advertisement) called "It's time to tell mum" spoken by Akmal Saleh. It's about the debate surrounding internet censorship. I think it worked well with Julius Caesar, and it's a funny advertisement to watch, so that helped when memorising stuff like quotes.

Good luck! :)

HSC
N/A
2 related texts is enough - you could be asked on just one.

Check out this board for heaps of suggestions:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=192438

Documentaries, newspaper articles on current/recent issues, or political speeches (e.g. US inaugural speeches, Gillard's misogyny speech) should give you a good head-start - any kind of rhetoric-related text would be excellent support. Otherwise, you can have a look at novels like Brave New World, Catch 22; films like A few good men; Frontline etc. They tend to be used quite frequently, but if done well can make an excellent impression. For somewhat less common texts, perhaps Grisham's The Runaway Jury; Tsiolkas' The Slap, any kind of cultural/oppression-related poetry; Keating's speeches on war and peace or the Republic/national identity.

TheGeetz1995

HSC
Two. I had a primary one with a back up in case in the question asked for texts (only used one as that's what was asked). For belonging I had three(Two very solid), but went with one ultimately when it only needed one in test.

And what aspects of Julius Caesar are you looking to discuss? You shouldn't be looking for a text that is like Julius Caesar persay, but one that can mesh well with what insights you are discussing for Conflicting perspectives. In mine, I spoke about culture, tension between innocence and maturity, conflicting perspectives within an individual and family-my related text overlapped with these themes from my prescribed.
We haven't started the topic yet. We've just been told to read JC over the holidays. We weren't told to find a support text these holidays but it would be nice to have a head start when I get back to school:spin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)