Swapping classes/labs - getting consent (1 Viewer)

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
I want to swap one of my BABS labs to a better time and I check myUNSW every day to see if new labs are opening up etc. And today they have opened more labs but it says "see school" on the side and when I select one of them, it says "consent required". Does anyone know where exactly I can get this consent from?

R

RishadM

Hey, last year I enrolled very late and the only BABS lab left had the 'see school' next to it. It doesn't require anything special at all. My lab was from 6pm to 9pm, so maybe they made you call to make sure you knew it was a night class.
Anyways, just call the faculty of science. They have many numbers, this one is for Current Students/Enrollment enquiries - which is you =]
There number is: (02) 9385 6125
Just let them know you want to enroll in a class that has 'see school' next to it. They should manually enroll you. And that's it!

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, last year I enrolled very late and the only BABS lab left had the 'see school' next to it. It doesn't require anything special at all. My lab was from 6pm to 9pm, so maybe they made you call to make sure you knew it was a night class.
Anyways, just call the faculty of science. They have many numbers, this one is for Current Students/Enrollment enquiries - which is you =]
There number is: (02) 9385 6125
Just let them know you want to enroll in a class that has 'see school' next to it. They should manually enroll you. And that's it!
Aww thankyou for giving me a specific answer :) I shall call them now and see how it goes.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Alright, I called the number and was referred to BSB office but they're closed I believe so I left my contact details. Maybe they will call me on Monday. I've also sent and email to them. Hmm I hope this works out because right now I have a lab from 6-9pm on Thurs and that Thurs starts at 9am and I do not want 12 hours at uni LOL! Thanks for all the help!!

R

RishadM

Alright, I called the number and was referred to BSB office but they're closed I believe so I left my contact details. Maybe they will call me on Monday. I've also sent and email to them. Hmm I hope this works out because right now I have a lab from 6-9pm on Thurs and that Thurs starts at 9am and I do not want 12 hours at uni LOL! Thanks for all the help!!
That's fine lol - yeah it should work out, if it's a new lab it shouldn't even be close to full yet. I was intimidated when I saw the 'see school', because dealing with a university seems like a huge deal for the first time. But UNSW is actually quite friendly and helpful.
Also with the ending at 9pm - don't worry most BABS labs end like an hour early (so 2hrs long) - apart from one or two that do the full duration. The first lab is only like a bit over a hour - and it's more of a 'break the ice' lab.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)