Swapping interview times for co-op program (1 Viewer)

HSC
I realise that there are a few ppl out there who are unable to attend the interview time allocated for them, and the only way to change ur time is to swap with someone else. So post ur case here and hopefully you can find other ppl who you will be able to swap with.

My case is I have an interview for actuarial studies at 3pm but can't attend because I'm boarding for a schoolies cruise at this time. I would greatly appreciate anyone who has an interview with actuarial studies that is willing to swap times with me.

Ova The hILLS

HSC
i need to swap my BIT and ISM interview with someone, mines' in the morning 10:30am would anyone swap with me? :D

Ova The hILLS

HSC
hey underthebridge, is all the interview at the same place? do you think they would allow us two swap? haha

HSC
I don't think si I'm afraid, considering the interviews are conducted by someone from the academic staff of the faculty ur applying for and someone from the sponsor company.

I was actually able to get my interview time changed, so if you have rung them and told them your case I'm sure they can help you out after a few days. I would say just accept the interview anyway and if they couldn't end up changing ur time just not attend the interview.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If you have a good chance of getting a coop and you are even contemplating going to schoolies over going for the interview- you're an idiot. Btw I'm not saying you're an idiot (to the topic creator) since you didn't say you'd pick schoolies over interview.

Btw I think you have to swap with the interviewers- not amongst yourselves.

Someone from my school was all set for getting a co-op (and they had really good chances) but withdrew from the interview because schoolies was more important.

HSC
Well I would have picked schoolies under pressure from parents as it's a cruise and to cancel it would mean losing a lot of money. See the problem is how are we to know our chances in getting a co-op, obviously if i knew i was going to get the co-op I would pick it over schoolies in an instant, but I've heard that these things are extremely competitive.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Well, you can gauge things realistically... if you've got a decent academic record (ie. it's not horrible), you meet the criteria, you have skills which you think will make you a great candidate, etc... then you've got good chances. I can see your connundrum though- but don't forget a scholarship is worth around $36k over a few years, and then there's also the job at the end of the line... Good luck with rescheduling your interview and I wish you the best =]

HSC
Oh I got the interview rescheduled so it's all OK now. But yeh I realise the monetary worth of the scholarship, however I was unsuccessful with accounting cadetships so I assumed I might not have much a chance at actuarial studies (although I am much less enthusiastic about accounting than actuarial studies, and it was the application stage that was problem not so good).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep they are looking for different kinds of people so don't sweat^^ Just getting an interview shows that they are considering you- at this stage in the game, you're still ahead.

IMO I think coop people tend to be somewhat more fun/exciting... yes I know that's a generalisation, but comparing the coop pics of people laughing/in casual gear/having fun, etc.. with the cadetship pics of people wearing suits... you can see that there's definitely a difference in what they are looking for at this stage.

Good luck and best wishes with your interview =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)