• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

SWITCHFOOT @ UNSW!! #2 (1 Viewer)

cate_7x

HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
hey whats that RB thingy ur going to?
RBF - Reel Big Fish.

Switchfoot was awsome. Not so much the support act.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Goldfinger is better than Reel Big Fish, the real reason I'm goin tomorrow

cate_7x

HSC
I'm going because Tulipa (aka Sarah) wanted me too - but i quite like Goldfinger. Haven't listened to RBF enough...

Yeah I have some photos from Switchfoot - don't know how to put them up here though.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
So was it Beautiful Letdown? Or NiS ?

cate_7x

HSC
It was quite a mix of both. The only criticism I have relating to the concert is that Switchfoot didn't play enough - there were still a heap of songs that were relatively well known that they could have played (Only Hope [I know it's a cover but you know], Chem 6A, Easier than Love, Lonely Nation, Setting Sun, Learning to Breathe)

They weren't on for very long and they should have done a few more songs.

SB_qt

HSC
Hey guys! for those who went how much did switchfoot rock last nite!

It was mostly NIS, I would have liked them to have done more of the old ones aswell but can't complain..!

Anywayz, what was the first band called?? I thought they were awesome too but I can't remember who they were!

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
i thought they opened the show with Lonely Nation ?

and Only Hope isn't a cover, Jon wrote it and its Switchfoots song but Mandy Moore seems to be taking the credit for it only cos she "wrote it" in AWTR.. its a movie people!! lol

i heard the concert ended at 10:30pm, thats so short!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Oh so it was NiS but by the sounds of it, it was like the first time they came over for TBL and only played a 45 minute set opening for Killing Heidi.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
SB_qt said:
Hey guys! for those who went how much did switchfoot rock last nite!

It was mostly NIS, I would have liked them to have done more of the old ones aswell but can't complain..!

Anywayz, what was the first band called?? I thought they were awesome too but I can't remember who they were!
the support band was "The View" some random local band. sounded very generic to me but switchfoot was pretty awesome. i can't wait for RBF and Goldfinger tonight tho

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
my day was unbelievable, all thanks to Switchfoot and Chad in particular! you guys rock!

well my day started at 5:30am, i woke up to get ready to meet my friends down at the train station at 6:15am, though the show started at 9:45am i wanted to get there earlier to see the guys on their last appearance in Sydney before they left for Brisbane :)

so its 9:45am and finally Switchfoot come, or should I say 4/5 of Switchfoot (Jon wasn't there) and they had an interview with Axel and stayed back for a few minutes to sign autographs and take photos - i asked drew where jon was and drew said "oh hes sick" but i misheard and said "jons sleeping?!" ahaha and drew goes "no, no haha, hes sick" no wonder why they didn't do an acoustic performance of stars! well i hope you get better jon before the Brisbane concert :D

and so after seeing them, my friends and i headed to McDonalds to get breakfast and we started walking back to VideoHits to catch a glimpse of Black Eyed Peas etc and on the way there (i still can't believe this happened)we were crossing the road and i was just looking at this guy and thought.. wow he sure looks like Chad and i couldn't help but notice they had the same hair and same sunglasses and well.. haha the guy says 'hey hey!' to me and im thinking.. *jaw drops* ITS CHAD !! CHAD !! and so im telling my friend its Chad and one is convinced it is while the other is far from convinced.. so we walk back and we see Chad go into Dymocks (a bookstore) and at first i was hesistant to go see if it was Chad or not but we ended up seeing him again and i just said.. "Chad??" and he turned around :D !! and he says to me "hey, i rememebr you, hey Karen" i couldn't believe it !! and he goes "so what are you guys doing, shopping?" and i said "no we just saw you and was wondering.. 'hey is that Chad?'" and we spoke to him briefly for a few minutes and i asked if I could have a photo with him (thank-you so much Chad!) and i shook his hand and then i apoligised a bit for stopping him from his shopping then we thanked him and walked out of Dymocks in disbelief! We met Chad! and so we're walking down the road.. and guess who we see.. at first we thought it was Drew but it was Chad! and we decided we'd walk the other way, just in case he thought we were stalking him ahaha (he walks pretty fast!)

so thank-you Chad for being so nice about it and hope you had a blast in Sydney !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)