Switching majors (1 Viewer)

lexie85

HSC
So im doing bba/b commerce-accounting and want to switch to bba/b commerce-marketing except no such program of study exists in the handbook ?? so i cant do that ?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
I think it is as simple as getting a majors form and filling it in confirming the change of accounting to marketing

lexie85

HSC
its just that there isnt such a combination offered in the handbook so i dont know if i can, anyone doing marketing and bba ?

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
You're kidding me, right. These questions are precisely why "Student Enquiries" exist.

Further, in case you're afraid of talking to the people the uni employs to answer your questions, the answer's already been indicated by sukiyaki: If the double degree doesn't exist, you've...
sukiyaki said:
gotta apply for those concurrent degree things
...in order to do both degrees concurrently. I assume this will mean meeting the internal degree transfer requirements for your BComm-accg to bcomm-mktg (probably 2 or 2.5).

Cut out the BOS-middleman and do what you've gotta do.
http://www.student.mq.edu.au/ses/

:mad1:

(Hakz, re change of major forms -- the various BCom degrees are separate degrees. You can transfer between them (i.e. from a BCom-Mktg to BCom-Accg) in the same way you transfer between any other degrees: gotta meet the internal degree transfer rules. That's my memory of it, anyway. It's probably different if you're just doing the straight BCom, and want to change your major, but BCom-marketing is a separate degree.)

Last edited:

lexie85

HSC
yes im quite aware of ses just havent had a chance to pop in there yet so thought i'd get a bit of a heads-up, besides the attitude your answer was much appreciated :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)