switching tutes (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
im panicking cos i realise tomorrow is the last day for timetable changes. my history lecturer let me swap tutes simply by going to the new one (if there is room) and discontinuing my other one by telling the old tutor. I have done this but my timetable has not been officially changed? do i have to go tell the student centre this!?!?!?

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
U usually have to get timetable changes officially sorted out at the student centre so it would be best to see them tomorrow. U can usually change tuts without even needing any permission at all, unless of course the tut is full in numbers.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
sarah it doesnt matter, your faculty knows and most dont pay attention to the roll. In fact what you did was correct because this late in you would have needed faculty permission!

i can tell you to change tutes in history it doesnt matter what your timetable says, only if your names on the roll! If you hadnt changed with them they would have gotten upset with you

so dont stresss! You have officially changed, besides in history so long as you attend A tute and let that tutor know ur fine...i often went to tutes that wernt my own!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Ultimate said:
U usually have to get timetable changes officially sorted out at the student centre so it would be best to see them tomorrow. U can usually change tuts without even needing any permission at all, unless of course the tut is full in numbers.
my old tute was really popular with alot of people trying to squeeze in. My new tute which my lecturer/tutor has accepted me has less than about 12 people. He has added me to the roll...

hmm following your last sentence, my new tute is not full, so I guess i dont have to go to the student centre after all. phew!

shelley said:
sarah it doesnt matter, your faculty knows and most dont pay attention to the roll. In fact what you did was correct because this late in you would have needed faculty permission!

i can tell you to change tutes in history it doesnt matter what your timetable says, only if your names on the roll! If you hadnt changed with them they would have gotten upset with you

so dont stresss! You have officially changed, besides in history so long as you attend A tute and let that tutor know ur fine...i often went to tutes that wernt my own!
thank you shelley!! my name is now on the roll but my lecturer/tutor told me to duck into the old one next week to inform my old tutor and remove my name. I was just scared my attendance would be recorded at zero or something and i would fail the unit...the good ol' paranoia thing lol

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I've done the same thing with some of my maths tutes to break up my 2-3 hour breaks a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)