Swollen/bruised knuckles (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepplease

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm a little bit worried, I got angry yesterday and punched the wall (unusal for me, I'm not a freak). It hurt alot obviously and my knuckles went blue and swelled immediately and I couldn't close my fist becaues of the swelling etc. But I figured that's pretty normal - however, I thought the swelling would go donw a bit overnight - instead the bruising has spread from just my knuckles up to the first joint of my fingersand down to about the centre of hte back of my hand. It's really "hard" and swollen now and I can't pick anything up in it. I know the risk is usually the little joints but I punch properly and hit with the flats of my largest knuckles primarily so I don't THINK I could have broken anything. If I have though, do they do anything about it ? or is it like if you break a finger and they just tell you its broken and strap it - because if that's the case I won't bother with an X-ray.... at what point if the swelling/pain doesn't stop should I get it checked out?

and shhh go easy on the "you're so stupid" comments, i know i am :(

Cheers,

NinjaSauce

HSC
Go see a M.D.

Don't waste your time online with us, we are not qualified, can not see your condition, and even if were were one or both of those - you still need to go to a physician.

The human hand is not designed to punch things (against common belief), especially an immovable object. There is a very good chance you broke something in your wrist.

K

katie_tully

sleepplease said:
Hey guys,

I'm a little bit worried, I got angry yesterday and punched the wall (unusal for me, I'm not a freak). It hurt alot obviously and my knuckles went blue and swelled immediately and I couldn't close my fist becaues of the swelling etc. But I figured that's pretty normal - however, I thought the swelling would go donw a bit overnight - instead the bruising has spread from just my knuckles up to the first joint of my fingersand down to about the centre of hte back of my hand. It's really "hard" and swollen now and I can't pick anything up in it. I know the risk is usually the little joints but I punch properly and hit with the flats of my largest knuckles primarily so I don't THINK I could have broken anything. If I have though, do they do anything about it ? or is it like if you break a finger and they just tell you its broken and strap it - because if that's the case I won't bother with an X-ray.... at what point if the swelling/pain doesn't stop should I get it checked out?

and shhh go easy on the "you're so stupid" comments, i know i am :(

Cheers,
Why the hell are you asking this on a forum designed for HSC students?

You punched a freaking wall. It doesn't matter how your fist/hand is when you punch a wall, you punched a freakin wall.

If you have broken something in your finger there aint a lot they can do bar strap it up. Unless there are bits of broken bone floating around or unless you've shattered your finger. You could have also dislocated your finger. OR it's just excessive bruising.

Yes it's normal for bruising to be worse 12 hours after the initial incident.

Now go and see a freaking doctor.

sleepplease

HSC
Ok, i guess the only response i'm going to get is go to a dr. I'll go tomorrow after school I guess.

Stevo - it was probably three punches but it's not like it's something i do often, i'm a 17 year old girl, my fists rarely get used ...lol.

is there any point putting ice on it today? or is the swelling just there now until it decides to go away itself..

K

katie_tully

sleepplease said:
Ok, i guess the only response i'm going to get is go to a dr. I'll go tomorrow after school I guess.

Stevo - it was probably three punches but it's not like it's something i do often, i'm a 17 year old girl, my fists rarely get used ...lol.

is there any point putting ice on it today? or is the swelling just there now until it decides to go away itself..
You can try. Ice pack wrapped in a towel, it constricts blood flow which < bruising, but it might be too late.

If you're worried about it go straight to ED now and get an X Ray done ASAP.

sleepplease

HSC
lol. at your change of tune Stevo :p I believe it was "ice the bitch" before that edit. hehe.

went to the doc, two hairline fractures and a chip in my pinky - so he strapped it and then tentatively asked me if i was maybe a little bit stressed. well clearly i'm a little bit stressed, it's not like people lose fights with walls for fun.

so anyway, thanks for the prompt to the doc.

kenny.

HSC
owie.. you must've been pretty angry when you decided to punch the wall lol :(

sleepplease

HSC
i have one, which makes it even more pathetic. my brother got me one for christmas.

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
have you been talking drugs? Is that why you wont go see the doctor because of the drugs in your systems?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)