syd u timetables (1 Viewer)

s.m.i.t.h

HSC
whats going to happen with timetables?
do we get to choose our prefered times for lectures and tutorials?
or are we just given them? and when?

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
s.m.i.t.h said:
whats going to happen with timetables?
do we get to choose our prefered times for lectures and tutorials?
or are we just given them? and when?

in the website [myUni] it says we get our timetable in O'Week.

I dunno if we can modify/create our own timetable...but I have a feeling that we can......cuz they might do the same lecture in 2 diff times during the week cuz to prevenmt clashes...but I'm not very certain

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
For major clashes, I remember reading [somewhere...] that adjustments can be made during O week. Probably at a stand or the SIO.

Skeeta

HSC
and do we pick our tutorial times or are they set.

i found in my handbook a very rough timetable. It doesnt say whether all of them are lecture/prac/tutorial.

i was under the assumption that lecture times were set in concrete but we could pick our tut/prac times

QuaCk

say i have no classes
am i able to cram all my classes into say 3 days as opposed to 5?
procided there are slots
or are timetable changes only permitted to clashing classes?

Last edited:

Halo

HSC
N/A
Your timetable is "set" by the timetabling unit. However, you have the option to block off up to two specific time periods if there are alternative free classes (ie. if there is no alternative lecture, or it is full, then blocking will not assign you to the other class). Your timetable will then be set again. In this sense, your timetable has an element of customisation.

Note therefore, that it is very hard to obtain a timetable fully matching your wants. You may wish to try a good number of times to vary your timetable as full classes sometimes will be free again.

You will be able to do this customisation through MyUni, after the timetable has been issued after/on O-Week.

You can also customise your timetable through the Student Centre (to be assigned into a full class), but I think you need a reason (eg. a clash).

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
u can customise ur tt at student center durin o wk or first wk of uni, even without a reason... u can just say i dun like it, i want fri free or mon free etc... they can try to allocate u as many free slots (as oppose to 2 online) as ur enrolment permits... however, u won't be able to say: " i want to do this stream here n there " etc... (btw, i think u can only do this a grand total of TWICE through out the semester... so take them serzly!!! u can modify as many times as possible on as u wish...)

in addition, imho, u can just pop into any lecture stream (provided that the same lecture) but tutorial and labs u have to stick to.... u got ur name there that needs to be marked. =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)