• Sydney

Votes: 119 50.4%
  • NSW

Votes: 117 49.6%

• Total voters
B

Bambul

Originally posted by utopian731

Well, how would you even know unless youve been there? Who made you an expert?
What are you trying to say, that yoghurt has no culture? What an insult to dairy products! :rolleyes:

Kittycat

HSC
Originally posted by Lugia
Hi, I really want to get into mechatronic engineering next yr. Which is better? syd or nsw?
Apparently, UNSW is heaps good for engineering stuff

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
nsw is probably better for commerce because its more competitive and asians all (well most) do commerce there... just my opinion tho ...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I think I'll need to start learning cantonese soon - if i dont want to be disadvantaged studyin commerce @ UNSW...:p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MinAi
I think I'll need to start learning cantonese soon - if i dont want to be disadvantaged studyin commerce @ UNSW...:p
especially since they just came from els english ... j/k ...:D

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Yes... once you get tto unsw you realise even the lecturer lapses into cantonese every once in a while, because there's just too many asians and it's easier for them to understand. :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
that is most true for commerce at unsw ... but in general there are too many asians at unsw anyway ...

Jesse

Why don't you guys just forget USyd and UNSW and come to UTS ??? :p :D :apig:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
im forgetting about unsw and usyd ... ill be off to macquarie to avoid ... dare not mention ...

Anton

HSC
Having spent a very fair amount of time at UTS, UNSW and USyd, I think I'm in a fair position to give an unbiased and in-depth analysis of all three. The thing is, though, I don't really care about the academic stuff (you're only young once, after all). (I'm doing Media/Arts Communications at Sydney if anyone wants to know).

Uni Bars:
- UTS: When it's Happy Hour, the beer is some of the cheapest in Sydney. But overall, the place suffers from what I like to call 'being really shit.' The high nerd quotient at UTS means that the bar is consistently empty (even on a Friday night, when I last checked it out). Having said that, the beer is served at a good temperature and tastes fresh. It's a shame then that it's served in a plastic cup. Sums the place up really.
- UNSW: The only thing the RoundHouse has going for it is that it does have some good bands on now and then (Foo Fighters, Whitlams, etc.). However, this doesn't change the fact that the bar is mediocre and the beer isn't served too well.
- Sydney: The Manning isn't the most exciting bar in the world, but it does boast some great live acts occasionally (Machine Gun Fellatio comes to mind). The beer is well-priced, and there's a decent range. And of all the three bars, it's the most aesthetically pleasing (which isn't saying much really).
Winner: Sydney Uni
Girls:
- UTS: Possibly non-existent. Hehe, kidding. The girls there aren't bad, but are generally nerdy in an uncool way.
- UNSW: Surprisingly UNSW scoops the pool, with a very high rate of intelligent and attractive girls. When you think UNSW, think girls that will study for 2 hours at the library, and then go to the Roundhouse for 10 rounds.
- Sydney: One word; trendy. Just like the guys, Sydney's girls are mostly trendy and vaguely elitist (which I approve of, but others don't). Having said that, they've got very good-looking girls who are generally in to artsy stuff (my kind of girls).
Winner: For me, Sydney Uni, but objectively, UNSW pulls out a win
Food
- UTS: Fucked. At least it's near the city and Pasteur (best Vietnamese food in Sydney).
- UNSW: Fucked.
- Sydney: Fucked. At least it's near Newtown, which means foccacias and thai.
Winner: Sydney wins out despite the tough competition
Hope this answers the question a little.

mp3mojo

question: ne-1 kno y there r sooo many asians in UNSW?
jus wonderin

Anton

HSC
Originally posted by mp3mojo
question: ne-1 kno y there r sooo many asians in UNSW?
jus wonderin
Because all the dickhead trendy bastard fuckers - like me - go to Sydney.

Rock on,
Anton

mp3mojo

nar USYD is outta my list...
im decidin weither UNSW or UTS for B engineering (software)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)