Syd vs. NSW (1 Viewer)

Which Uni is better, Sydney or NSW?

• Sydney

Votes: 119 50.4%
  • NSW

Votes: 117 49.6%

• Total voters

Jesse

Usyd trendy?? AND full of chicks??? Paleasee!!!! :mad: there are more GEEKS and hippie chicks out there than any where else!!!! :apig:

I go to UTS and must say if you want a real education, go to UTS. If you want to experience the uni way of life, go to USyd. If you want to parade around in Prada and Gucci, go to UNSW.

Uni food indeed does suck. Between USyd and UTS, I'd have to say that USyd has a pretty good breakfast deal :) UTS's city location means that if you don't like the food, you can simply walk down to Market City or George Street for some variety. With Usyd tho, you'd have to catch a bus or settle for Broadway crap.
I haven't tried UNSW so I can't really offer an opinion.

schwang_thang

Originally posted by Jesse
Usyd trendy?? AND full of chicks??? Paleasee!!!! :mad: there are more GEEKS and hippie chicks out there than any where else!!!! :apig:
yeah i rekon aye! i always heard that UTS had the trendy ppl
or at least when i imagine it, UTS has the clubbing types while Usyd has the goody-two shoes types. hmmm reading anton's assessment i guess i might b wrong. come 2 think of it UTS is a computers-mathsy style uni so theres prolly alota geeks there...never thought abt it like that b4

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mp3mojo
question: ne-1 kno y there r sooo many asians in UNSW?
jus wonderin
its a cycle ... basically all asians (slight exaggeration - probably better to refer to honkie asians) go to do commerce at unsw ... and then by peer pressure and having friends there, they all flock to unsw ...

their next choice is usyd, then uts ... and then thats about it ... but they would prefer unsw ...

its as though they've heard nothing about any other uni around ...

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
That's the city mentality. They look to the city first, and forget everything else that's not within 'walking' distance of the CBD. And the belief in that the reputation of uni is more important, and translates directly into quality of education (regardless).
I've got my parents and their friends to prove my point. to them, it's either syd or nsw.

Fortunately I'm immune to trends... one less factor for consideration, I feel so complicated already...

Anton

HSC
Originally posted by Jesse
Of course there are geeks and hippies at USyd. But c'mon, surely you've noticed the large amounts of guys walking around in thongs, Industrie jeans, Marcs vest, with fashionably messy hair? And the girls in baby blue Kookai singlets and Sass & Bide denim skirts or jeans? They're everywhere.
Because Sydney is so close to Glebe and Newtown, of course it's going to get a lot of trendy bastards.

UTS is geek fuckin' central baby.

Rock on,
Anton

Jesse

I disagree.

The only trendy bastards out there are the trendy honkies (and I wouldn't even consider them trendy)...

All the chicks that I know that go there buy their clothes from Cabramatta. :argue:

Anton

HSC
It seems one of us is missing something here. I have about 5 friends who go there, and every one of them is a left-wing trendy bastard. About 10 of my friends are probably going, and almost all of them are trendy bastards.
So maybe we just won't fit in.

Rock on,
Anton

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I was stuck between commerce/science at UNSW or Usyd, but after attending the open days I'm definitely sticking with syddney uni, after having talked to the deans of both unis. Both are recognised but for me it came down to the atmosphere, accommodation, and Usyd that seemed much better than UNSW.

Though I liked the free drinks and sausage sizzle at UNSW hehe .

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mannnnndy
Im going to unsw because they have the biggest, and from what I hear the best, engineering school out of all the uni's.
i heard that uts was really good in terms of engineering ...

mp3mojo

UTS does hve good terms

but as 'honkie' asians think, UNSW should B betta :D :D

alys

Originally posted by Ultimate
ah, you should have gone to the talented students day at usyd in april or march or something. they gave us all that, plus chips, chocolate and paddle pops. yay.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by alys

ah, you should have gone to the talented students day at usyd in april or march or something. they gave us all that, plus chips, chocolate and paddle pops. yay.
ohh no one ever told me about that.

alys

it was one of those 'get recommended by your principal' things. it was fun, but we were already down there trying desperately to learn some french anyway (here's a tip: the alliance francaise courses are a waste of money. well, the one we did was. go find yourself a penpal instead). it's the only uni info day thing i did, i think. sydney's too far.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by alys
it was one of those 'get recommended by your principal' things. it was fun, but we were already down there trying desperately to learn some french anyway (here's a tip: the alliance francaise courses are a waste of money. well, the one we did was. go find yourself a penpal instead). it's the only uni info day thing i did, i think. sydney's too far.
Your lucky, our principal was too lazy to recommend anything :gridnod:

soz

Originally posted by Ultimate
I was stuck between commerce/science at UNSW or Usyd, but after attending the open days I'm definitely sticking with syddney uni, after having talked to the deans of both unis. Both are recognised but for me it came down to the atmosphere, accommodation, and Usyd that seemed much better than UNSW.

oh me too!!!!!

i was like yeah ill just go to sydney - then i went to unsw open day and it wasn't that bad ....i mean they gave away soo much stuff- ha ha

but in the end good old sydney came through

soz

Originally posted by p00_p00

Overall depnds on wat course but id choose NSW [/B]
well being th honkie u are - of course ud say unsw was betta- lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)