SydGram 4Unit Half Yearly (1 Viewer)

HSC
yeh I heard Brian say it was e-1...integration by first principles....trial exams...what?
It's an exam, not a political statement

felixcthecat

HSC
hey.. um nathan.. wut ranking in half yearlies(and yearlies) form V would u recommend to do 4U?? i totally screwed mine up!! cuz GJ didn't tell us anything nor taught as anything and he freakin sets realli realli hard exams..

HSC
I'm trying to work out who JG is....and I got nuthin. Uh anywhere in the top 60 seems to be ok but try to be in top 40 for your own peace of mind

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
tywebb said:
thanks for posting these.

this last bit of the 3 unit got my attention. isn't it e-1?

anyway, i'm always amused by how the hsc exam committee and sydney grammar seem to "dovetail".

didn't you notice how the 2003 hsc irrationality of π was done using ian stewart's method on the argument that michael spivak's method was "too hard for 4 unit" and then sydney grammar in 2004 deliberately gave michael spivak's in their 4 unit trial? yes, i thought that was quite revealing! and then someone from the australian national university who had been quite critical of sgs's relationship with previous hsc exam committees, applied to be on the hsc exam committee for mathematics and had his application rejected. i wonder why?

sgs seems to (or pretends to) be the hsc exam committee by stealth!

oh. and who was it that put &pi;<sup>2</sup>/6 in the hsc exam in 2002, given that that was the very same year sgs's view on the matter was published on the internet, namely that it was too hard for 4 unit?

i don't post very often, but when i do it's very close to the bone.

... if you know what i mean ...

anyway,

does it not? and isn't integration by first principles beyond 4 unit? unless you're at sgs? or the hsc exam committee? or some other snob club? perhaps one who thinks that the classification of the finite simple groups is superior to a proof of the riemann hypothesis?

the truth is i think that both the hsc exam committee and sgs are crap!

ok?

my integration method is the nicest way to do it, but the way suggested in the question is
It seems you are correct, however its a shame no-one takes any notice.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
yrtherenonames said:
actually question 5 has mysteriously disappeared...it was about conics...owell
Hmm...and judging by my last MX2 exam, conics is the area I need most work in - oh well.

felixcthecat

HSC
yrtherenonames said:
I'm trying to work out who JG is....and I got nuthin. Uh anywhere in the top 60 seems to be ok but try to be in top 40 for your own peace of mind

GJ is jenkins!! alrite.. i'll c.. cuz i didn't do much maths work this yr and i dropped my mark by 20%!! so bad.. i'll hav to start doing work in maths again.. hehe thanx

shafqat

HSC
N/A
ahh the walrus. from what ive heard he isnt a great teacher
anyway, you should try to be top 75 if you want to do 4u
pender doesn't allow you to do it if you are significantly below that rank

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
shafqat said:
ahh the walrus. from what ive heard he isnt a great teacher
anyway, you should try to be top 75 if you want to do 4u
pender doesn't allow you to do it if you are significantly below that rank
What would the top 75 in MX1 equate to in terms of HSC marks? I'm trying to gauge my ranking had I gone to SGS :)

shafqat

HSC
N/A
although considering the huge range of the raw marks, and the fact that the grammar cohort has a long 'tail,' im guessing there would a large range of hsc marks too. i reckon you wouldve been up there at grammar.

HSC
bleh 75 wouldn't be particularly inspiring, i'd say if the person had done work it might be a couple of marks over average...75 is a long way down...

lfc_reds2003

is there a gareth whiz kid at grammar cos we used to play him in cricket and ppl said he was a freak child........ at maths cos he certainly wasnt at cricket lol!!!

latania

HSC
I SINCERELY wish that our school can have even a quarter of Grammar's maths teachers and use your assessments...(instead of the crappy ones we've been getting this year)
can our top class join your top class for maths lessons????

justchillin

HSC
hey did billy write those 2 papers cauz they were pretty soft dun u rekon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)