Sydney Airport Jobs- Checkin etc... (1 Viewer)

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
These positions are not advertised, they really require some inside notification. But there are at least 20 positions available at Sydney Airport working for Tiger Airways Australia (Melb/Adelaide based Low Cost carrier) which will commence operations on 3th July flying direct from Melbourne and Adelaide later in the year. You will be working for ground handling company "aerocare" who also have their ground work sourced to by Virgin Blue. It is only part time at the moment, but there might a couple full time jobs there. Positions include checkin/boarding flights/ramp positions. No experience is required. Things like being well-groomed, security checks etc will be required.

I thought I would let you guys know seing most of the users here are from Sydney...

Media Release- First jobs created with new Sydney - Melbourne route - {Travel Daily News}

Apply online at- aerocare.com.au
Apply within the next week to be safe

Trentyboi

HSC
If this were to be advertised in Brisbane airport, I may actually take it. I've always wanted to work in an airport (well, I am studying accounting, but as a uni job it would be awesome)

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Positions are now being advertised for Brisbane Airport, only part time. Can range anywhere from 10-25hrs.

senju

HSC
Hi milocole

I know this is really delayed but i was just wondering, as a year 12 student myself, how would I go about in developing a possible career working in Sydney airport ? , say for example working in the checkin area? as well as that is our HSC atar important in the selections ? and what courses would be necessary in developing skills for a career opportunity?

I have already been researching on various airlines websites e.g Qantas and Jet star and virgin blue ;but am finding it difficult TO PINPOINT INFORMATION

Thankyou :D

aussie-boy

HSC

If you want to work in the Qantas Club/Business or First Lounges I reckon hospitality skills would be important (bar skills, coffee, carrying min 3 plates + trays)

Retail/any customer service experience would also be helpful for check-in etc

I reckon do ur RSA at a minimum

I actually applied/got interviewed for the original job in this thread... pay was $20/hr and all employees were casuals (only employed during aircraft movements.) Company seemed really stingy tbh

You must have a car to work at the airport (start/finish times vary between 4am and midnight and you can get called in when aircraft movements change)

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
90% of folks who get a job with Tiger on the ground has ZERO experience. It dosn't matter if you have experience cause Tiger is totally unique for its shit polices that Aerocare has to abide by, no other carrier has such strict procedures. They will give you full training. Tiger's polices are rough and the shit hits the fan often, put up with it and you will do well. Shift Supervisors etc is where the good money starts.

Pay is $22 during training, then $25 midweek, $30 Sat, and $35 sunday. Everyone starts at casual, you will only be part time with the benefits when you have been with the company for like a year and have proved yourself. NO Overtime, but you will be paid for the extra hours you work, so with Tiger and delays, we are talking about an extra 5-10hrs a week here probably ontop of a 30hr base. Tiger has also beefed up Sydney ops so there are movements all day and shifts operate from 6.30-10pm. Training is 3 weeks full time also.

If you get the job, you dont just do Checkin, but also attend to the inbound arrival (3 people are dealing with the one flight, sometimes 2).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)