Sydney Boys High School Test (Applying for Y9) (1 Viewer)

DeferredPluto54

HSC
Want tips, and want to know whether they have bias to selective schools students such as FSHS, GHS, PHS, STHS and CHS.

Also want to know past writing topics.

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Schools don’t care about what school you come from. Only how smart you are. There is no bias.

DeferredPluto54

HSC
Schools don’t care about what school you come from. Only how smart you are. There is no bias.
My report isn't too good (for some subjects), but I have many extracurriculars. I hope I stand a chance against other selective students (I've been told Caringbah and Sydney Tech Students take most of the spots)

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
My report isn't too good (for some subjects), but I have many extracurriculars. I hope I stand a chance against other selective students (I've been told Caringbah and Sydney Tech Students take most of the spots)
They care about the core subjects the most so won’t matter much. Plus, the exam is always the most important.

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
The reason why they take the most spots is probably because the most amount of students try from those schools than any other school. Makes sense since they’re relatively close to each other.

KoKoNutz

HSC
Same I got 5 As 2B and 2C but a bunch of extra curricular and leadership roles
, do you think I stand a chance for SBHS?

Last edited:

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Whether you stand a chance is impossible to tell. It depends on what you get in the test they do that is the biggest defining factor.

fart

HSC
N/A
your Cs and Bs might be a problem but aslong as u do good on the test it should be okay. what subjects did u get as, bs and cs on?

KoKoNutz

HSC
your Cs and Bs might be a problem but aslong as u do good on the test it should be okay. what subjects did u get as, bs and cs on?
I got Cs and Bs on useless subjects like VA, Music and all, but this yr for SBHS they short list the ppl then call for the test, also are you trying out for any school?

DeferredPluto54

HSC
The report decides whether you get in the test, so if you get in the test, and do well, you'll most likely get in.

DeferredPluto54

HSC
I got Cs and Bs on useless subjects like VA, Music and all, but this yr for SBHS they short list the ppl then call for the test, also are you trying out for any school?
BHHS and JRAHS, but I know my best chance is for SBHS

DeferredPluto54

HSC
That’s cool, what extra curricular and leadership roles do you have?
SRC (1 sem, currently) , House Leader (1 sem), Agriculture Club, Easter Show, WABIAD, 3rd Place 100m Backstroke, School OzTag Team, Do swimming weekly, Robotics, and am learning coding as a side activity

KoKoNutz

HSC
That’s kinda cracked, now I feel like I don’t have a chance lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)