sydney boys year 11 2023 entrance (1 Viewer)

asduiashdi

HSC
Hi, I am going to the sydney boys year 11 2023 entrance exam on thursday and was wondering if anybody has had experience with their entrance exam. Like what does it test you on, the difficulty, number of people who get shortlisted, etc. Thank you!

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
Hi, I am going to the sydney boys year 11 2023 entrance exam on thursday and was wondering if anybody has had experience with their entrance exam. Like what does it test you on, the difficulty, number of people who get shortlisted, etc. Thank you!
do they tell u the topics that they will cover or is it kept discreet, bc i dont think sbhs does hast, do they?

Cham176

HSC
N/A
Former SB student here. I had a couple of friends gain entry into Sydney Boys back in 2020, and from their experience the entry exam was very simple. It was no longer than half an hour and as long as you are not half bad at math you could easily get 100 percent. Most of the content is from the year 10 5.2 syllabus. Mind you, this was a while back so the format and difficulty may have changed but I still wouldn't worry too much. In terms of how many students gain entry into year 11 at SBHS, its generally around 10 students. Good Luck :D

asduiashdi

HSC
Former SB student here. I had a couple of friends gain entry into Sydney Boys back in 2020, and from their experience the entry exam was very simple. It was no longer than half an hour and as long as you are not half bad at math you could easily get 100 percent. Most of the content is from the year 10 5.2 syllabus. Mind you, this was a while back so the format and difficulty may have changed but I still wouldn't worry too much. In terms of how many students gain entry into year 11 at SBHS, its generally around 10 students. Good Luck :D
thank you very much for the information! thats reassuring to know. i have asked the office and it seems like there are 7 vacancies this year.

fatBatman

HSC
thank you very much for the information! thats reassuring to know. i have asked the office and it seems like there are 7 vacancies this year.
ye but with people this year moving i feel like the number could increase to 10

asduiashdi

HSC
ye but with people this year moving i feel like the number could increase to 10
oh really, do you know people?

i think generally sydney boys doesnt offer that many spots compared to other schools

fatBatman

HSC

i think generally sydney boys doesnt offer that many spots compared to other schools
ye i sat the normo test and there was like 2 sydney boys people and also im guessing many go to ruse like as i have read on this bored of studies forum

fatBatman

HSC

all we need to do is get good in the test and they should be able to consider us

fatBatman

HSC
Dam 5.2 syllabus or is it 5.3

Cham176

HSC
N/A

SBHS is usually quite generous when it comes to placements in years 8-11, since there is a max grade size of around 210-220 students, and usually a couple of students leave to schools like JRAHS, BHHS, NSBHS and some students get scholarships at private schools.

asduiashdi

HSC
ye i sat the normo test and there was like 2 sydney boys people and also im guessing many go to ruse like as i have read on this bored of studies forum
oh hm, why would they be moving from sydney boys though. thats interesting.
all we need to do is get good in the test and they should be able to consider us
yep
Dam 5.2 syllabus or is it 5.3
i feel like surely its 5.3, i did the north sydney one today, and it was 5.3.

also would you choose north sydney boys or sydney boys?

fatBatman

HSC
oh hm, why would they be moving from sydney boys though. thats interesting.

yep

i feel like surely its 5.3, i did the north sydney one today, and it was 5.3.

also would you choose north sydney boys or sydney boys?
well personally for me i have friends at sydney boys and it really fits my um how do i say it my personality plus its always been my dream school. so definitely Sydney boys

but when your looking towards like good academics and a consistent school with a top notch hsc rank NORTH SYDNEY BOYS definitely wins plus you can compete on sport on wednesday so they are pretty well allrounded

Cham176

HSC
N/A
well personally for me i have friends at sydney boys and it really fits my um how do i say it my personality plus its always been my dream school. so definitely Sydney boys

but when your looking towards like good academics and a consistent school with a top notch hsc rank NORTH SYDNEY BOYS definitely wins plus you can compete on sport on wednesday so they are pretty well allrounded
NSBHS also has optional Saturday sport I believe as well

asduiashdi

HSC
ah thats really good to know, thank you guys. i guess ill have to wait and see if i get an offer.

when does sport stop at selective schools? is it when year 12 starts?

fatBatman

HSC
I just called SBHS today and they said that the exam is a non calculator test

asduiashdi

HSC
I just called SBHS today and they said that the exam is a non calculator test
dang, thats weird, i haven't done a non calculator test in forever. Did they say anything about the english test? Or is it just a maths test?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)