• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

sydney dynamics essays (1 Viewer)

symo

HSC
also, does anyone know the name of the spatial exclusion housing estate in Homebush {edit: liberty grove}

Also any more good examples for each dynamic;

suburbanisation; Penrith, Auburn + Bankstown
exurbansation; dural + galston
decay; CIA + pyrmont
renewal + consolidation; pyrmont
urban village; chinatown (i wont bother bout leicharddt caus i know ill never spell it right)

Last edited:

veg

leichhardt... i think that's right.
wow, they're mad examples. thanks symo.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
suburbanisation: castle hill (we did an assessment task on it coz our school is in castle hill and it was appropriate)

If u need any stats, info, facts etc. on this, i'll be glad to help

symo

HSC
Originally posted by yenta
suburbanisation: castle hill (we did an assessment task on it coz our school is in castle hill and it was appropriate)

If u need any stats, info, facts etc. on this, i'll be glad to help
if you email me: adam_symonds@hotmail.com your notes on castle hill specifics that'll be great. cheers..anything u need?

Janno85

with the hsc not far away this is probably in the trivial department but you spell it... Leichhardt, there's two 'H's in the middle, crazy ay?

Wahlito

How about uploading to the site... the geography department of this site is lacking enough already

symo

HSC
all mine r handwritten (only got a couple).. only one really old one on comp which is shit... i dont like dynamics essays...can never link the dynamic to ___ .

renee_syd

HSC
hey
i just want to thank you all firstly - been so much help all of you!!
ok with sydney some more examples include...
Urban Decay = pyrmont
Suburbanisation = cambeltown and penrith
spatial exclusion = liberty grove in homebush or newtown in homebush (the olympic ones)
exurbanisation = dural and cambeltown
decentralisation = stat = start of 20th century 43% of sydneys population lived rurual areas, end of 20th C only 14%
counter urbanisation = no examples sorry
urban renewal = pyrmont and rederfn ($30 million was spent redeveloping redfern terraces
consolidation = pyrmont and whole of CBD (used old wharehouses and ports for office buildings and residential areas and in Pyrmont 2 churches were redveloped one into office building and one into apartments keeping existing structures)
urban village = china town, and my teacher said you could go as far to say areas like cronulla and bondi are urban villages in terms of beach lifestyle (but i dont think thats a strong example)
hope i have helped!!!
good luck everyone

:)

apollo

best example of decay = redfern - everleigh street. u can talk about all sorts of mumbo jumbo like spatial distribution of ethnicity reflecting the decayed areas, etc... just dont be racist about it :)

travboy

Notes any1??~~~ im so fu**ed

DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME GOOD GEOGRAPHY STUDY NOTES OR ESSAYS?

I HAVE THE BIGGEST WANK OF A TEACHER... HAHA OH WELL!!

If anyone wanst to email me their geography notes PLEASE DO! :D

My email is travboy03@yahoo.com.au .. feel free to send me anything cool :)

If u need anything at all just ask, i have a fair bit of stuff... but not that much on geography :(..

Jesus.. dont u hate the idiot that put Geography and Legal Studies on da same day! hmmmm!

Well cheers.. and thanks heaps to those that bother to help me :)

Trav :argue: :argue:

renee_syd

HSC
hey i just sent u an email!
and attached some notes that i wrote a while ago - they were the basis of my notes now - just expand on some of them all they should help!!
my email address is reo85@hotmail.com if u chekc ur emails and email me back i will send u more if they help!
good luck
and if u want some essays email me and i maybe able to email you some

KateGoodall1992

HSC
can u please send me some info on castle hill...it wud really help..i wanna do it for my assessment on an urban dynamics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)