Sydney is better than Melbourne (1 Viewer)

Dingo

Banned
seems like in sydney the HSC has more attention, with these forums, and the room in mIRC.

compared to melbourne's VCE... which doesnt have a chatroom on mIRC, and also doesnt have forums.

seems quite dead down there in melbourne.

but check out this site www.vtac.edu.au
its melbourne's equivalent to our uac website
hahaha

peace^^

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Hmmm, actually, I sort of agree. In a way - hard to put a finger on it - one thing I've noticed is that the required UAIs to get into Uni in NSW are much higher than the ENTERs to be accepted into Uni in Victoria..............

Dingo

Banned
hey anyone got the websites for the universitys in melbourne???
such as victoria university of technology
or university of technology melbourne
or wateva that uni is called..
n e 1 got the website for it?

peace^^

Dingo

Banned
http://www.rmit.edu.au/about

haha check it out they have a rmit campus in Vietnam...
holy cow man

PS: wat does rmit stand for?
and whats the name of that crap uni from western melb?

peace^^

Last edited:

Dingo

Banned
Victoria University of Technology is equivalent to sydney's University of Western Sydney. They both serve the western suburbs of their respected cities.. and the UAI / ENTER are around the same in the 70s for business related courses.. hahahah groovy

dam they should change the uws name to NSW University of Technology.. sounds better ... haha

peace^^

Last edited:

Dingo

Banned
the Victorian Government merged the Western Melbourne Institute of TAFE with Victoria University of Technology in 1998.

wow TAFE and University both in one... how does that work?

well i know in sydney UTS used to be part of Ultimo TAFE then it seperated from the TAFE and became an independant University.

but in melbourne you have tafe AND uni both in one institution.. how does it work ???

peace^^

Dingo

Banned
sounds like even University of Western Sydney is better than Victoria University of Technology.

peace^^

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Pretty much everyone's from NSW and so it doesn't really offer as much to Victorians. Hence they wouldn't be too motivated to post their comments on the cutoffs of commerce at usyd or the social life at macquarie.

The "HSC" bit in the title needs to be changed if this place truly wants to go national!

Dingo

Banned
isnt board of studies for NSW only though..
like dont Victoria have their own education system?

also its interesting to see that melbourne people know of sydney stuff, but sydney people have no idea about melbourne stuff.. and our UAC guides dont have unis from other states or anything about interstate uni courses at all, where as the melbourne one does..

peace^^

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kentwell
Ever thought about population?
Well the population wouldn't matter. NSW has a greater population and a greater number of uni spots. VIC would have less of both. That shouldn't affect the cut off marks.

Having said that, Melbourne and Monash seem to take in a shitload of law students..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Dingo
seems like in sydney the HSC has more attention, with these forums, and the room in mIRC.

compared to melbourne's VCE... which doesnt have a chatroom on mIRC, and also doesnt have forums.

seems quite dead down there in melbourne.

but check out this site www.vtac.edu.au
its melbourne's equivalent to our uac website
hahaha

peace^^
well without this site, the hsc wouldn't have the room either

anwyay, i think slightly more emphasis is placed on our end of school exams, than the other states, as you may have seen in all the media hype.

santaslayer

HSC
isnt board of studies for NSW only though..
like dont Victoria have their own education system?

also its interesting to see that melbourne people know of sydney stuff, but sydney people have no idea about melbourne stuff.. and our UAC guides dont have unis from other states or anything about interstate uni courses at all, where as the melbourne one does..

peace^^

melbourne people know about sydney stuff coz its important.
sydney people dont know about melbourne stuff coz its unimportant
simple as that......

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by bluesky100
Hmmm, actually, I sort of agree. In a way - hard to put a finger on it - one thing I've noticed is that the required UAIs to get into Uni in NSW are much higher than the ENTERs to be accepted into Uni in Victoria..............
2003 Cut offs

Arts
Melb 92.65 (All Clearly In) Syd 83.25

Arts/Commerce
Melb 95.90 Syd 94.30 UNSW 95.50

Law (Combined)
Melb 99.30 Syd 99.60 USNW 99.30

Medical Science
Melb 96.65 Syd 93.10 UNSW 92.25

Optometry
Melb 99.35 UNSW 98.05

Engineering/Science
Melb 94.50 UNSW 80.10 Syd 90.80

Vet Science
Melb 99.40 Syd 98.00

Melbournian, Melbourne Uni weights the UAI/ENTER more heavily than other universities, which is probably why those people could get into UNSW but not Melbourne.

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Selection data
The clearly-in ENTER is relevant to Current Year 12 students studying the VCE or its
interstate equivalent. If you have previously studied the VCE and have not undertaken
tertiary study, the clearly-in ENTER may apply to you.
This index shows:
(i) the Clearly-in ENTER (i.e. the ENTER rank at or above which every year 12 student
who applied for that course-and was eligible-would be offered a place)

(ii) the fringe ENTER (i.e. the ENTER rank at or above which 95% of offers were made).
Where the Fringe ENTER is higher than the Clearly-in, this indicates that 95% of offers
were made above the Clearly-in ENTER.
(iii) the % below the clearly in rank, i.e. the percentage of applicants accepted into that
course with an ENTER lower than the Clearly-in ENTER. This percentage needs to be
taken into consideration when assessing the likelihood of selection below the Clearlyin
ENTER.
(iv) the number of offers made to year 12 students.
(v) the total number of offers made to all applicants from (and including) Round
index

Dingo

Banned
well thank god im living in sydney...
the melbourne system is too complicated.
hehehe

peace^^

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Does anyone know how a Victorian ENTER score compares to the NSW UAI? I know the system is different and all that, but at the end of the day is an ENTER of 90 (for instance...) technically "worth" the same as a UAI of 90?

Aj10001

Yeah..that would be great
HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
Does anyone know how a Victorian ENTER score compares to the NSW UAI? I know the system is different and all that, but at the end of the day is an ENTER of 90 (for instance...) technically "worth" the same as a UAI of 90?
I would like to know this as well

Dingo

Banned
nah their both ranks ...

and 90 in sydney would b worth more than 90 in melbourne, coz there is more smarter people in sydney.

peace^^

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
nah their both ranks ...

and 90 in sydney would b worth more than 90 in melbourne, coz there is more smarter people in sydney.

peace^^
No...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)