• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sydney Motor Show 2005 (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I don't see why you dis the motorshow and compare unfavourably to a tuning show.

You don't think that the same ammount of effort is put in, I assure you that very good engineers with the top marquees work very hard, their immense talent is on show. Design teams also put in huge effort and we can see their talent producing cars the the DB9, 911, Superamerica. Stratospheric sums are spent by manufacturers and ultimately the whole thing is advertising.

How is this different to a tuning show? I'll tell you how, at a tuning show cars are produced by mechanics of various sorts and mostly consists of arranging components in an interesting manner. At a motor show you see engines designed from the ground up by mechanical engineers, so see inovation, new designs and a skill level unseen in most other fields.

Then there's the styling, I personally find the designs on display at a motor show considerably more tasteful than at a tuning show. More importantly at a motor show you see the work of designers who have created a cars look at a tuning show you see fibregalss gurus who have enhanced (?) it.

In summation the differences are for a motor show cars are created, for a tuning show cars are modified. There is a world of difference, different purpose, different budgets, different aims and different skill levels. Because of this they are on a completely different playing field, each has it's purpose and that purpose is different. A tuning show wouldn't be a good place to see the latest in automotive design and a motor show wouldn't be a good place to see the latest in aftermarket additions.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
if it weren't for the people who actually MADE cars instead of modifying them, majority of them riced up jap cars aimed at idiots who have no sense of style whatsoever, there wouldn't BE cars for them to modify.

oh2sxc

HSC
transcendent said:
majority of them riced up jap cars aimed at idiots who have no sense of style whatsoever.
hmm 'riced' up cars are for the street. Autosalon comprises of performance cars which are 'riced' up or had their exteriors modified to make them into a show car. No sense of style? hmm let me show you something.

I could post 1000 more but for everyone elses sake I won't. I know you will reply with a picture of some million dollar thing which looks nice but so far fetched. The motorshow is full of pompus characters showing off their 6.2L cars which sure takes some engineering to build it, but why build something like that when the worlds oil is going to shit and petrol is hell expensive.. personally i'd like to see cars which I can afford being modified to look a million dollars at half the cost. That's just me.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
oh2sxc said:
hmm 'riced' up cars are for the street. Autosalon comprises of performance cars which are 'riced' up or had their exteriors modified to make them into a show car. No sense of style? hmm let me show you something.

I could post 1000 more but for everyone elses sake I won't. I know you will reply with a picture of some million dollar thing which looks nice but so far fetched. The motorshow is full of pompus characters showing off their 6.2L cars which sure takes some engineering to build it, but why build something like that when the worlds oil is going to shit and petrol is hell expensive.. personally i'd like to see cars which I can afford being modified to look a million dollars at half the cost. That's just me.
Problem is, that car looks $10,000.

oh2sxc

HSC
you clearly don't understand where i'm coming from because the way you tear apart the words i used as you did totally takes them out of context, thought you would of learnt that from poetry anyway - murf, the lack of oil today is a high priority on enginners minds at the moment as shown by toyotas new F1 they were producing and the few cars that run on water and smart cars and all the rest of it. Everyone has different tastes in cars, personally because of my job at the moment i'm into modified cars and am not really into going to look at the many concept cars which won't be available for some time. no harm done - so chill out, this is a good discussion lol

oh2sxc

HSC
mm not being able to accept a little criticism is bad enough.. then go and bagging out the person that stated the comment for you to state your rebuttle mm bit insecure eh

oh2sxc

HSC
lol no worries.. i was over it when i posted my first comment but people just don't let go. it's all good :)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Oh you seem to say first that 6.2L supercars are pointless because petrol costs so much and they chew it, then you say the motor shows boring because there are alternatively fueled cars.

More interestingly though you dis petrol chewing environmentally bad cars yet like autosaloon, do you have any idea the fuel consumption that you get out of a fully modded engine - it's not great.....

Oh yeah and RE: your yellow car post:

You accuse the motorshow cars of being far fetched and then post that thing, wtf?

oh2sxc

HSC
osmans wrx isn't as far fetched as the latest ferrari.

lol i'm so over this, all i'm saying that me PERSONALLY would like to see cars that don't consume the many litres that the 6.2 Lamborghinis chew down etc and i would like to see cars which give me ideas about how differnet people go about modifying the same types of cars. Motorshow cars are beautiful cars but for ME (note ME, MYSELF, MY OPINION) i'm not interested and feel that they are pointless, and i may have let that come out in many of my posts and i'm sorry for that lol.

the fuel consumption of modified STREET cars e.g.200hp and over isn't too crash hot i'll admit, but compared to the motorshow cars they are doing quite well.

OVER IT NO MORE lol good discussion, i hope to hear good things about the motoshow this weekend :)

oh2sxc

HSC
Murf said:
Exactly...

A ton of after market non-oem engine mods dramatically increase fuel consumption. One huge contradiction. While you seem to be posting generalisations about ‘us’ could your intelligence be a representation of others who share your same interests?

Murf
haha not at all, i'm just tell you my opinion, other modified car enthusiasts will have different opinions but meh

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
oh2sxc said:
osmans wrx isn't as far fetched as the latest ferrari.

lol i'm so over this, all i'm saying that me PERSONALLY would like to see cars that don't consume the many litres that the 6.2 Lamborghinis chew down etc and i would like to see cars which give me ideas about how differnet people go about modifying the same types of cars. Motorshow cars are beautiful cars but for ME (note ME, MYSELF, MY OPINION) i'm not interested and feel that they are pointless, and i may have let that come out in many of my posts and i'm sorry for that lol.

the fuel consumption of modified STREET cars e.g.200hp and over isn't too crash hot i'll admit, but compared to the motorshow cars they are doing quite well.

OVER IT NO MORE lol good discussion, i hope to hear good things about the motoshow this weekend :)
Then how about you PERSONALLY don't gate crash a motorshow thread to dis motorshow cars.....

oh2sxc

HSC
lol nothing like a good discussion.. sorry won't happen again :)

oh2sxc

HSC
haha nah it's a number plate and i thought it looked good:)

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
has anyone seen the FJ Holden concept car at the motorshow? i saw it on the news...its a modern interpretation of the FJ. its a pretty ok looking car...but not really to my liking.

oh2sxc

HSC
lol who said 4 subs, 10 3" speakers, 4 amps, 5 tvs, a bottle of NOS and one seat isn't useful? :p

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
oh2sxc said:
lol who said 4 subs, 10 3" speakers, 4 amps, 5 tvs, a bottle of NOS and one seat isn't useful? :p
One seat's useful, one seat's stylish and useful on a Mclaren F1 (aka titanium city).

SlipStream

HSC
On normal forums they have these things called "moderators"... :rolleyes:

I'm a mod on another forum (the one in my sig) - I would have closed this thread.

Seriously guys, there's no need to argue. Cars are a subjective thing, so of course there are going to be conflicting tastes! "Why can't we all just get along..."

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
oh2sxc said:
No sense of style? hmm let me show you something.

whoa that is one ugly car. how can that be stylish?

011 said:
One seat's useful, one seat's stylish and useful on a Mclaren F1 (aka titanium city).
the mclaren f1 has 3 seats, one up front in the centre and 2 in the back.

oh2sxc

HSC
yeah i reckon it would be hell weird driving a car with a central position..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)