'Sydney Scholars' scholarship (1 Viewer)

baci

HSC
also got reserve.. not sure if everyone gets that or select number

alex4nder

HSC
I also received a reserve offer - is this what everyone who doesn't receive a conditional offer gets?

I'm secretly hoping that heaps of conditional offer people don't get the 95 minimum ATAR so hopefully I can take their place hahaha

iStudent

HSC
Dear (name erased :p),

The University of Sydney would like to congratulate you on achieving an ATAR of 99.90 in 2014. This is an amazing achievement. Your outstanding academic performance and achievements across a broad spectrum of school and community activities illustrate your potential to continue to achieve and contribute at the highest levels. In recognition of these achievements we are pleased to offer you a Sydney Scholars Award.

This scholarship is worth $10,000 per year for the duration of your undergraduate or combined degree, excluding appending honours where relevant.

As well as your scholarship you will receive priority access to accommodation that is close to campus and leadership programs.

Please note that this letter is not an offer of admission to any degree or combined degree at the University of Sydney.

If you satisfy the following conditions, we also guarantee you an offer to your preferred course at the University of Sydney in the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) main round on Wednesday 21 January 2015.

The course is your highest eligible preference.
You satisfy any compulsory additional selection criteria, such as interview, audition or portfolio, etc.
Next steps

Once you have received your admission offer, you will receive your Student Identification Number (SID) and credentials.
Log in to the Sydney Student portal where you will be able to confirm your place and accept your scholarship offers online.
If you wish to defer your scholarship, please contact us directly at scholarships.officer@sydney.edu.au.
Don’t forget to come and visit us at Info Day on Tuesday 6 January 2015 where you can explore the University and speak to staff and students about your options before you finalise your UAC preferences for the main-round offers.

If you have any further questions about this scholarship offer, please email us at scholarships.officer@sydney.edu.au. Our helpline will be available to answer any questions you have while the University is closed from 19 December 2014 to 2 January 2015. You can call us on 1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864).

We wish you every success for the year ahead and for your future studies with us.

Yours sincerely
Jordi Austin
Director, Student Support Services

It states
If you satisfy the following conditions, we also guarantee you an offer to your preferred course at the University of Sydney in the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) main round on Wednesday 21 January 2015.

The course is your highest eligible preference.
You satisfy any compulsory additional selection criteria, such as interview, audition or portfolio, etc.
Next steps.

Does this mean if I change USYD med as my #1 preference, I would receive an offer even though my ATAR is not high enough? :O
(I also emailed them, but anyone can shed some light on this anyway?)

Erique

Writ in water
HSC
^^^ I don't have an answer to your question but holy fuck CONGRATULATIONS. Knowing that you got such an incredible ATAR, from a school ranked outside of the 300s made me feel so so so so happy for you.

iStudent

HSC
^^^ I don't have an answer to your question but holy fuck CONGRATULATIONS. Knowing that you got such an incredible ATAR, from a school ranked outside of the 300s made me feel so so so so happy for you.

cho6092

HSC
Does this mean if I change USYD med as my #1 preference, I would receive an offer even though my ATAR is not high enough? :O
(I also emailed them, but anyone can shed some light on this anyway?)
I'm pretty sure they're quite strict on the 99.95...but if you do receive an email can you update us on that?
Would anyone know how competitive the USYD med interviews (guaranteed entry) are?

baci

HSC
Does anyone know if all the offers have been made for Sydney Scholars Program? Or is there still a chance if you were put on the reserve list?

Nukeboy

HSC
N/A
I imagine at this point, people will get calls only if the scholarship was rejected by the students who have already been offered it.

Nukeboy

HSC
N/A
I have actually been lucky enough to be awarded this scholarship. But I really want to do a co-op.
If I get into a co-op, I'll be rejecting this and so one of you may very well get it :p
And I'm sure there'll be others in my position as well so don't give up hope.

photastic

HSC
I have actually been lucky enough to be awarded this scholarship. But I really want to do a co-op.
If I get into a co-op, I'll be rejecting this and so one of you may very well get it :p
And I'm sure there'll be others in my position as well so don't give up hope.
Gimme please ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)