Sydney Swans 2005 AFL Premiers! (1 Viewer)

W

weetbix

Thats one thing i`d like to see, Sydney winning a Melbourne based game.

HSC
They play the other 3 top teams in the next month, so if they get some good results out of those games then its fair to say they have a chance at winning the premiership.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
Definately!! I rekon the swans can win the premiereship, in fact i rekon they could beat any team in the afl

Tegz

HSC
pfft.. swans suck.. go brissy whhhooooo hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Haha.
No chance.
Like, they're not shit.
But no chance of winning the premiership.
If they do, I'll eat my hat. Or something of equal or lesser value.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I reckon Swanz can definitely beat any team on their day, but you can just about say the same fo every other team.

Though I won't be surprised if they do win the premiership, I'll decide after the game against West Coast.

Tegz

HSC
i really cant stand the swans ... theres just sumthing bout them that makes my skin crawl..
i highly doubt brissy'll win again this yr my moneys on eagles
ahhh good old eagles .. theyre flying high
as an ex perth girl i hope they pummel the swans into a thousand tiny pieces

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
GO THE SWANNIES!!!!!!!!

i doubt they will win, but as above, i will see after next weeks game...

HSC
Beckiki_S said:
Haha.
No chance.
Like, they're not shit.
But no chance of winning the premiership.
If they do, I'll eat my hat. Or something of equal or lesser value.
I will hold you to that. lol

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i hope itll be a west coast (inevitable) vs Sydney (go swans!) final...sydney played really well last year, but i feel this year they havent been as good....just an impression.
50 point defeat of Cats is promising though

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
yeh go the swans they r so gonna win *fingers crossed* this season they rule

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
well they almost did it last year so they may be able to do it again....

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
well melbourne won the nsw/qld based rugby league 3ish years ago

but

GO THE SWANNIESS!

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
I was about to make the exact same point. At the risk of copping a severe bucket of wrath i say FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I HOPE THE SWANS DON'T WIN THE GRAND FINAL. Cos I hate them with a passion.
Unfortunately Carlton's hope's of making the finals are about as good as a week old banana and watching that absolute shalacking by the kilda last night I've got to say Brendan "Pavlova" Fevola "What the hell sort of performance was that?"
Any hoo I hate the way the swans flood the back. It's so annoying when you're going for the other team (out of sheer spite) and they kick it long only for 8 swans to be marking 1 guy.
The swans play like an under 7's soccer team - they all just follow the ball around.

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
The Swans will have to bide their time before they win a Premiership but they will do it within the next few years. All they is a couple of good quality tall defenders and a Jason Akermanis type midfielder. Hopefully their rookies can pick up pace and discover their full talent. GO SWANNIES!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Buggdogg said:
I was about to make the exact same point. At the risk of copping a severe bucket of wrath i say FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I HOPE THE SWANS DON'T WIN THE GRAND FINAL. Cos I hate them with a passion.
Unfortunately Carlton's hope's of making the finals are about as good as a week old banana and watching that absolute shalacking by the kilda last night I've got to say Brendan "Pavlova" Fevola "What the hell sort of performance was that?"
Any hoo I hate the way the swans flood the back. It's so annoying when you're going for the other team (out of sheer spite) and they kick it long only for 8 swans to be marking 1 guy.
The swans play like an under 7's soccer team - they all just follow the ball around.
Can't agree wit you there, they don't purposely flood the backline, but itz just a defensive tactic. And Sydney reliez on the backline in their attackz too so in an attackin sense it ain't really that bad at all. But if you've watched their gamez recently you would notice that they can play free flowin football. Wit playerz like Kirk and Williams runnin the midfield and a formidable forward line, I won't be surprised if they do win the premiership.

But yeah itz mo sendimental than realistic, West Coast lookz unbeatable, Collingwood just got lucky that day.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
um, i've been away for 6 months, so....
can anyone sum up the season in one post?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)