Sydney Technical High School - Entering Year 11 (HELP) (1 Viewer)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Applying for Hurlstone wouldn't hurt. I personally did the test when I was in year 9 (2009) only because my brother suggested it. With absolutely no study prior to the examination and a disgraceful report (no A's, 1 D, mostly C's hahaha I didn't care for school back then), I managed to get a priority reserve position. I got called in for an interview with the deputy, he said he'd get back to me within 2 weeks; he called me 2 hours later saying I've been accepted :p
If I can remember correctly, Hurlstone's examination had G.A., Eng, Math, Science (I think?).
But what I'm getting at is this- apply for Hurlstone. Great school :)
I am but you must have been in a year where there were hardly any hardcore people or you were blessed! (I am quite sure that having a good report is what determines which people in priority reserve gets in! E.g. There's a guy and a girl, both with similar marks in the exams and both were priority reserve BUT the girl had a MUCH better report and extra curricular activities! I'm assuming the girl would most likely get in!)
I think nearly half of my grade (I know a guy who has the done the test in Year 7, 8, 9! And only managed to get priority reserve in Year 9! (He's doing it again this year) And guess what? The test is the same each year for every single grade but the writing section is the only thing that changes!) wants to go into Hurlstone! In addition to how many other people from other schools?
Also doing it in year 10 is CRAZY! Because everyone wants to get in Year 11 at HURLSTONE!!!!!! So the competition DOUBLES OR TRIPLES!

When it comes to priority reserve, having a GOOD report and extra-curricular activities will give you more chances.
You must have been blessed! Or you had something (an edge maybe?) over your fellow competitors!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Applying for Hurlstone wouldn't hurt. I personally did the test when I was in year 9 (2009) only because my brother suggested it. With absolutely no study prior to the examination and a disgraceful report (no A's, 1 D, mostly C's hahaha I didn't care for school back then), I managed to get a priority reserve position. I got called in for an interview with the deputy, he said he'd get back to me within 2 weeks; he called me 2 hours later saying I've been accepted :p
If I can remember correctly, Hurlstone's examination had G.A., Eng, Math, Science (I think?).
But what I'm getting at is this- apply for Hurlstone. Great school :)
Who are you Mr year11er?

I am but you must have been in a year where there were hardly any hardcore people or you were blessed! (I am quite sure that having a good report is what determines which people in priority reserve gets in! E.g. There's a guy and a girl, both with similar marks in the exams and both were priority reserve BUT the girl had a MUCH better report and extra curricular activities! I'm assuming the girl would most likely get in!)
I think nearly half of my grade (I know a guy who has the done the test in Year 7, 8, 9! And only managed to get priority reserve in Year 9! (He's doing it again this year) And guess what? The test is the same each year for every single grade but the writing section is the only thing that changes!) wants to go into Hurlstone! In addition to how many other people from other schools?
Also doing it in year 10 is CRAZY! Because everyone wants to get in Year 11 at HURLSTONE!!!!!! So the competition DOUBLES OR TRIPLES!

When it comes to priority reserve, having a GOOD report and extra-curricular activities will give you more chances.
You must have been blessed! Or you had something (an edge maybe?) over your fellow competitors!
Hurlstone is a joke lol

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
How bout' you guys help me with the questions I stated above?

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
sydney tech is like a selective school in the same way clown college is like a college

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
My friend did his application in the car with me, and he got in! I think he made up his contributions to the community. Not saying you should, relax.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
No! Don't make it up! You need to be a man/woman. Write the truth.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
The problem is that even if I try to write the truth, I can't think of anything to write about!

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I'm talking about Syd Tech! I think Hurlstone cares much MORE about academic results rather than extra curricular!
At the end of the day, it does not matter what school you come from. It's about the heart. Just do your best and even if you are disappointed, at the end of the day you can say, "hey, I gave it my all, I will continue to do so for the next two years."

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, we got a new principal and she's trying to turn the place into Ruse. grrrr
At least your principal ain't trying to pull off the Malek Fahd system even though no other school dares to follow that system ;D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)