Sydney Technical vs Hurlstone Agricultural (2 Viewers)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I used to - not any more. Taught from Dec 2009-March 2011 - until I got my current job.

Still keep in contact with them, though (I see Nathan/Steven/Caroline/Yen etc around uni).

HSC
N/A
I used to - not any more. Taught from Dec 2009-March 2011 - until I got my current job.

Still keep in contact with them, though (I see Nathan/Steven/Caroline/Yen etc around uni).
lol omg

I'm starting chem at peak :haha:

also, is Nathan the one that does med?
my friend is in love with him
lolol

Alkanes

HSC
I heard the owner at Truongs/PEAK is the biggest jerk off. Correct?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Let's continue Truong/PEAK discussion in its thread here, so as not to clutter this. :)

Last edited:

hayabusaboston

HSC
Hurlstone is around 90 percent asians though, just to let you know, which is great because they're much harder working on average than others/

funnytomato

HSC
Hurlstone is around 90 percent asians though, just to let you know, which is great because they're much harder working on average than others/
i assume that's somewhat an exaggeration

but isn't that the case for almost every selective school?

hayabusaboston

HSC
i assume that's somewhat an exaggeration

but isn't that the case for almost every selective school?
Not every one, but most. I am going to hurlstone next year for yr 11, and at the entrance exam I met a few guys, they told me Hurlstone is 90 percent asian now. It was much less asian before, they said. So I am just saying what I heard.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Not every one, but most. I am going to hurlstone next year for yr 11, and at the entrance exam I met a few guys, they told me Hurlstone is 90 percent asian now. It was much less asian before, they said. So I am just saying what I heard.
They exaggerated.

Hurlstone is probably about 50% asian. Consider the boarders who make up 1/3 of the school and are white.

powerofone

HSC
I'd go with Hurlstone 100% ! Its rare to get a position/place in that school cos i tried billion times and never got in :( . Have u made up your mind yet on what school? luck and grats!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd go with Hurlstone 100% ! Its rare to get a position/place in that school cos i tried billion times and never got in :( . Have u made up your mind yet on what school? luck and grats!
I have a friend who tried out every single year (6, 7, 8, 9 and 10) and even this year, he's in Year 10, he didn't make it in while for me, this year was my first year trying out and I made it. To be honest, I didn't expect to have an offer from HAHS and I was ready to go to Syd Tech 100% until the Hurlstone letter came. And no, I haven't made up my mind... Around 11 - 13 people including me from my current school received offers from Hurlstone so about the position being rare, doesn't seem so to me (apparently they accepted 25 - 30 people this year for Yr 11 entry) xD I'd gladly give my offer away to my friend if I could but it doesn't work like that unfortunately D: I know alot of people who desperately want the offer and I wish I could give my spot to a friend or someone I know...

Yes guys, I am aware that the asian environment at Hurlstone is quite large in comparison to Sydney Tech which is most likely why Hurlstone ranks higher usually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)