sydney uni med offfers (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
If you're talking about the provisional entry thing, then I believe you are invited to a private interview once UAC has released your UAI to the universities.

nit

HSC
Yes, interviews invitations are given to roughly the top 30 based on the UAI or equivalent results and certain individual subject requirements. In fact, interviews were held last year roughly 1 week prior to notification of offers through UAC.

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
nit said:
based on the UAI or equivalent results and certain individual subject requirements.
which are...?

nit

HSC
There are a few requirements - look at the Combined Science Medicine website for more information:

http://www.science.usyd.edu.au/fstudent/undergrad/course/com-scimed.shtml

Mainly, a UAI of 99.95 is required to gain an interview. Also, you'll need a band 6 result in an HSC science subject and/or 95+ in Mathematics Extension 2, which pretty much fulfills the requirements to be eligible to take part in the TSP program. In addition to that, a band 6 in an HSC humanities subject is necessary. If you achieve these results, you're virtually guarateed a spot in the course. At least that's how it worked last year.

queenie

HSC
nit said:
There are a few requirements - look at the Combined Science Medicine website for more information:

http://www.science.usyd.edu.au/fstudent/undergrad/course/com-scimed.shtml

Mainly, a UAI of 99.95 is required to gain an interview. Also, you'll need a band 6 result in an HSC science subject and/or 95+ in Mathematics Extension 2, which pretty much fulfills the requirements to be eligible to take part in the TSP program. In addition to that, a band 6 in an HSC humanities subject is necessary. If you achieve these results, you're virtually guarateed a spot in the course. At least that's how it worked last year.
I remeber reading something about the humanities last year, but looking around that website that you gave us the link for; it says nothing about humanities. The website doesn't say anything about 95%+ in ext 2 maths... actually.. it really doesn't say anything.

ah edit:

my bad: http://www.medfac.usyd.edu.au/futurestudent/scimed/admission/index.php#eligibility

it says all that stuff there.

Last edited:

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
hey,
i was wondering if yyou needed to hav a band 6 in humanities (for me eng adv,) in order to get in? Is there much leeway? is each application looked at individually or are they simply put in a comp and ppl who do not make the cut-offs excluded?

thx in advance

queenie

HSC
considering they only take 10 pple, i dnt think theres much leeway. But the one guy that i know that got in, got a band 6 in like 4 humanity subjects, so hes not much help.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
There's no way to get 99.95 without a band 6 or E4 in some form of English.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Sure, if you top the state in maths ext2 and 6 units of classics (never mind the fact that classics count as humanity subjects) and get 89 in English, you might get 99.95 (I'm not going to bother using SAM, someone else can do that). But remember, only Henderson has managed to top classics and maths. I think for anyone else (apart from him and Laurie), it's much easier to try to get that band 6 in English than ace every other subject you do.

Last edited:

shafqat

HSC
N/A
That's not true, it's much easier than that to get a band 5 english and 99.95, and I know people who have. I also know people with very low 90s and no state rankings at all, and uai of 99.95.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Yeh I know Karnan aswell. He went to Kings.
So there is Nit, Karrnan, Abhijit, that plc girl....

How the hell can u get 99.95 with low 90's in all your subjects?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
sikeveo said:
So there is Nit, Karrnan, Abhijit, that plc girl....

How the hell can u get 99.95 with low 90's in all your subjects?
And those are the 4 med people that I personally know.

Aparently, you just can. I trust shafqat.

Last edited:

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
I wonder if this program is open to NRSLs.

ie so that you meet the requirements, but have already done 1 year of uni and want to apply in.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
I'd say just complete your current degree and apply for grad med.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I am debating whether to splice out all the spam and delete it. Half of the above posts seem to be of no more substance than an MSN chat log. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)