sydney uni village (1 Viewer)

ikatz

HSC
i moved there this year but its not working for me and i need to break my residential agreement.. has anyone else had to do this?

*o*

HSC
i cant answer your question unfortunately...but i am curious, what was wrong with staying there? (i was vaguely looking at moving there next year)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
lol, really, i live there (bligh building) and have done so for the past 2 years, its fine, bit on the expensive side, and if you are in a studio and don't have the money to eat out alot then you'll starve (unless you are a really good cook).

other than that, its fine, the location is the best thing about it, im on king st everyday.

but yes, you can break your resendtial agreement, go talk to gloria or the receptionist...

there are conditions though:

- you have to give 1 months notice
- they have to be able to find someone to replace you or you have to keep paying rent until they can find someone

but they have had high demand this year so i don't think it'll be too hard to find someone to replace you.

are you shared or studio?

Lori.

HSC
lol, really, i live there (bligh building) and have done so for the past 2 years, its fine, bit on the expensive side, and if you are in a studio and don't have the money to eat out alot then you'll starve (unless you are a really good cook).

other than that, its fine, the location is the best thing about it, im on king st everyday.

but yes, you can break your resendtial agreement, go talk to gloria or the receptionist...

there are conditions though:

- you have to give 1 months notice
- they have to be able to find someone to replace you or you have to keep paying rent until they can find someone

but they have had high demand this year so i don't think it'll be too hard to find someone to replace you.

are you shared or studio?
was that a reference to me?

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Step 1: Buy 20L of petrol and a lighter
Step 2: Pour the petrol all over the apartment
Step 3: Light a newspaper with lighter and throw on petrol
Step 4: Don't worry about breaking the agreement or giving notice

ikatz

HSC
i'm in shared (5 bedroom), applied and still waitlisted for a studio... my main prob is with the noise and mess of my flatmates. i've lived in a few sharehouses but the apartment is disgusting, this morning i had the joy of picking a combination of smashed glass + noodles off the kitchen floor... they've just ignored my suggestions that maybe they clean up a bit/ turn the music down at 4am... contacted gloria but she just passed it onto stephen (residential manager) who hasnt bothered to get in contact with me, its very frustrating :s

^^ to the person who was thinking about applying- housemates aside, it is a bit more expensive but the rooms/facilities are fine and you can't beat the location (across the road from the uni, the reason i applied)

conics2008

HSC
so guys how much are you spending on average on living there.. i mean rent + food + bills etc.

jaimebien

HSC
When I went for the tour, they said that they would try to rearrange housemates if the present combination wasn't working. Maybe you could try that?

ikatz

HSC
no i didn't go to the masquerade party... rent is 189/week for a 5 bedroom plus 5/week utilities and 20/week compulsory payment to the u-card which you can spend at the store on food. at the moment i am just trying to get management to respond to my emails so i don't know about the rearranging housemates thing, but i would prefer to pay more and live in studio- hopefully something comes up soon :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)