• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sydney Writers' Festival (1 Viewer)

renton

HSC
I saw something about the Writers' Festival in The Spectrum on Sat. What is it?

Emph

HSC
Go to the website.

It is a whole week of presentations by writers about writing. Some are authors talking about their books, some are book launches, some are literature readings, some are writing seminars and much much more.

So far I have bookmarked about 9 that I want to attend- could be a problem seeing as on one day i have to be in three places at once... is cloning an option?

bigwillz

Bigwillz
HSC
N/A
went last year, it was ok, looks to be better this year. only useful for journal filler to bulshit that it inspired you. But if your really broke on ideas and need something to awaken the grey matter i'd check it out,

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
Emph said:
is cloning an option?
No. Cloning is never an option.

I think the The keynote and The 'State Of Origin' Team Poetry Slam look good. :D

I'm sure heaps of the others would be interesting aswell, those are just the ones that jump out at me.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'll probably be going to this, might see if I can beat all the journo students out and do an interview/article on one of the authors for the Festival News:D

I also think its a great opportunity if you are interested in taking your love of writing up at the tertiary level, since it'll give you a bit of a window into how things work proffessionally. Oh, and you might actually enjoy it...which is always a plus!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)