Sydney... (1 Viewer)

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I am coming to sydney at the end of this year; what is there to do here?

Any suggestions?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Harbour Bridge climb.
Centrepoint tower.
Powerhouse Museum.
Darling Harbour and the clubs surrounding it.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I just realised that i will be 18+ by then :D

What are these places?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
gotta admit sydney is pretty boring...check out the main tourist shit...
hit up some bars if your of age, not sure about the age restriction for you melby people but its 18 here

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
umm wat u into tho?.. for the 18+ stuff...

and lik which area will u be staying in? like melb, syd is massive and u might want to find good close places :)

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I am coming mainly to try krispy kremes...:p

But there's no point in not doing anything else whilst i am there...

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
umm wat u into tho?.. for the 18+ stuff...

and lik which area will u be staying in? like melb, syd is massive and u might want to find good close places :)
I am into food related things...

Do you have paint ball there?

I am not really into the whole bars thing since i don't drink anyway...

I have no idea even with melbourne; i am geographically disabled...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Food HAHA... a woman after my own heart :)
what kind u want? wat r u looking for? how much? *sigh*one of the best thing about sydney is the food ^^

yes there is paintball but for it to be decent u come out west to blacktown area i think.. or go about 3 hrs up north.. ... i cant remember where...

i wasnt thinking bar thing im more saying lik clubbing etc... (yeah ok its like the bar thing :p)

haha... its ok.. i live between adel and syd... and u need to be specific about wat u want.. and IMO travel heaps in syd for sufming good:)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Theres paintball at Windsor, which is a pain in the ass to get to unless you can drive. Theres also another place at Rouse Hill (near blacktown) and another place towards Hornsby (i think).

Would you be driving? You really don't want to rely on our public transport system :p

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
hahah our public transport is very reliable thank you!
paint ball... unless you got a car... and heaps of people (think its a minimum of like 20 or so right?)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I have forgotten the minimum - we did discuss it last semester at uni, but it was around 15 - 20 ppl (i think). But you needed to book it weeks in advance and also put down a $200 deposit.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
im going paintball tommorow actually :)
you dont get it in the city. you have to go out west- try a little west of parramatta. ill get more info tommorow ( i paid 60$ incl bus hire for my group, brekky and lunch)

arent there any paintball fields in melbourne?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Actualli
Im looking for good indian food in sydney! :S ... i dunno where to go.. been recommended a place in parra .. but i want to know any others cos i got 1 week left here!!?!

thanks!

Lennie

Orange Juice said:
hahah our public transport is very reliable thank you!
paint ball... unless you got a car... and heaps of people (think its a minimum of like 20 or so right?)
Our public transport reliable?? Pfffft. Funniest thing I have heard all day :uhhuh:

Miss_b, it really depends on how much money you have to spend and how far from the city your willing to travel (assuming your going to Wynyard). Sydney is great in a sense that there is always something to do, and you dont need to spend alot of money to have a good time.

But the shopping is always good..... :D

+Po1ntDeXt3r+ There is a great indian place in mosman... cant remember the name :p I have only heard good things though :uhhuh:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
EnterNameHere said:
Our public transport reliable?? Pfffft. Funniest thing I have heard all day :uhhuh:

Miss_b, it really depends on how much money you have to spend and how far from the city your willing to travel (assuming your going to Wynyard). Sydney is great in a sense that there is always something to do, and you dont need to spend alot of money to have a good time.

But the shopping is always good..... :D

+Po1ntDeXt3r+ There is a great indian place in mosman... cant remember the name :p I have only heard good things though :uhhuh:
Thanks! muahahahaha.. ill find out!.. :D

EnterNameHere ure on wayyy too late some nights :)

//edit: reliable? lolz ive travelled in QLD Vic and SA.. NSW is reliable.. ure always sure ure goin to be late ;)

Lennie

Haha yeah its a holiday thing. From monday there will barely be a trace of me :uhhuh:

Edit; Yeah, maybe its because everyone is always in a rush.... But honestly, I have never witnessed an 'on-time' bus

Last edited by a moderator:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
There is the zoo and the aquarium lol.

Some of the food gems in Sydney (city) in suburbs such as Newtown, Glebe and Surry Hills.

You could go to Kings Cross and check out some of the bars there lol.

Bondi beach (even though it's winter)....

On a Saturday you could go to Glebe Pt Road Markets.

Or you could join the other tourists at Paddys Markets in Chinatown (like the markets in Melb (Queen Victoria Markets, that's right isn't it?) except paddys is kinda crappy)

Go for walks through the gardens, Mrs Macquaries Chair has a really great view of the opera house, bridge and the city.... it's in the botanic gardens.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
Ok, i have not got too much money to spend so i need cheap things...

But also, i have noticed that a lot of the stuff that i can do at syd, i can do at melb...

I like markets :D I think i went to two last time i was there...

Specific food recomendations?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)