Syllabus changes 2019 - question (1 Viewer)

red152

HSC
So I've heard that there have been syllabus changes for science, maths, and English courses starting 2019. I've chosen to do two science subjects, but apparently the syllabus changes are pretty big for science and I'm wondering how this is going to change the way me and other people studying science will have to study. Will this make lots of the past papers irrelevant? And how am I going to study additions to the syllabus content without past papers??? I've heard that past papers are a big part of studying science subjects, but how is this gonna change the way I study? I'm worried about this and I'm considering changing subjects because of it.

Sp3ctre

HSC
Yes, the past HSC papers will be irrelevant but I remember hearing my teacher telling us that NESA will publish practice papers for the 2019 HSC, there are also websites where you can download trial papers from other schools. You shouldn't be worried because everyone is in the same boat as you.

HSC
I wouldn't worry too much about Physics, you seem to be pretty capable at maths. Shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Frostguard

HSC
Whilst you are doing the new Chemistry and Physics syllabus and the past papers may be a lil irrelevant or 'pointless', like the others said, don't worry too much, it's just more mathematically based for both sciences. Your year will be the trial year and HSC markers will design HSC exam questions to properly correlate to the new syllabus outcomes, so don't fret too much and don't change your subjects because of this, you can still use some of the past papers but they won't be as useful as they were before, just more 'laws and calculations will be assessed'
You're also doing acc maths so I'm sure you can deal with it as it comes :) Good Luck buddy!

red152

HSC
Yes, the past HSC papers will be irrelevant but I remember hearing my teacher telling us that NESA will publish practice papers for the 2019 HSC, there are also websites where you can download trial papers from other schools. You shouldn't be worried because everyone is in the same boat as you.
Ok thanks, that's great to know.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
So I've heard that there have been syllabus changes for science, maths, and English courses starting 2019. I've chosen to do two science subjects, but apparently the syllabus changes are pretty big for science and I'm wondering how this is going to change the way me and other people studying science will have to study. Will this make lots of the past papers irrelevant? And how am I going to study additions to the syllabus content without past papers??? I've heard that past papers are a big part of studying science subjects, but how is this gonna change the way I study? I'm worried about this and I'm considering changing subjects because of it.
schools will probably purchase commercial papers.
most of the past papers will be irrelevant. If I get around to it, I might start splitting papers by topic, so that useful questions can still be done.

_Anonymous

HSC
for english & science yes they will be irrelevant. maths you might be able to milk existing resources, since the syllabus changes aren't too massive.
I thought the Math syllabus wasn't being changed for 2019 students? At least for 2U,3U and 4U Math.

red152

HSC
That's what I thought too, apparently the final syllabus still hasn't been made.
Who told you that? If the final syllabus hasn't been made, then the textbooks for next year won't have been made. im so confused rn

_Anonymous

HSC
"The new Stage 6 syllabuses for English, Mathematics Standard, Science and History, including five Life Skills courses are now available on the NSW Syllabuses site. For all other Stage 6 courses, please visit the NESA website."

That was quoted from NESA's website: https://syllabus.nesa.nsw.edu.au/stage-6/

So from that, I guess it's safe to say 2U,3U and 4U Math won't have their syllabuses changed for 2019 HSC students.

red152

HSC
"The new Stage 6 syllabuses for English, Mathematics Standard, Science and History, including five Life Skills courses are now available on the NSW Syllabuses site. For all other Stage 6 courses, please visit the NESA website."

That was quoted from NESA's website: https://syllabus.nesa.nsw.edu.au/stage-6/

So from that, I guess it's safe to say 2U,3U and 4U Math won't have their syllabuses changed for 2019 HSC students.
Thanks for the clarification.

OriginalCopy

HSC
Standard mathematics is the only maths course that will have changes in their syllabus for 2019.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)