Syllabus issue relating to personality study. (1 Viewer)

ictoo89

HSC
Hello

I tried searching to see if this has been asked before, but for some reason the search function isn't working (can anyone else confirm this, or is it just me?)

Anyway, my Modern History teacher chose Sun Yat-sen as the personality. I've been trying to find syllabus related information on him to no avail and have decided to change to Ho Chi Minh at the last minute (stupid I know, but I have lots of info on him). What I need to know is if I can do a personality from the same module as my global conflict (ie. Conflict in Indochina). I read the syllabus and it only mentions doing the same personality as the national study (in my case Sun Yat-sen and China).

If anyone has previously undertaken the HSC and has used a personality from their global conflict, would you please let me know how it went?

Thank you

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You can do any personality you like.

In the previous syllabus you had to do one of the two personalities linked to your national study - and many people still do but all national and international studies now have linked personalities and many teachers prefer to link that way.

As Ho is on the syllabus - and he is fun to do - and you feel confident enough with what you have learnt about him during the International Study - remember you have to go back to the beginning of his life not just from 1954 then do Ho.

ictoo89

HSC
You can do any personality you like.

In the previous syllabus you had to do one of the two personalities linked to your national study - and many people still do but all national and international studies now have linked personalities and many teachers prefer to link that way.

As Ho is on the syllabus - and he is fun to do - and you feel confident enough with what you have learnt about him during the International Study - remember you have to go back to the beginning of his life not just from 1954 then do Ho.

Thank you VERY VERY much for your fast response. I've been going crazy trying to find out whether I could do it or not (and the Modern History HSC Advice line isn't open till the 29th!).

Thanks again :-D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)