Syllabus Notes (1 Viewer)

John Andrews

HSC
Hey all,
I have my half-yearlys coming up as most of you would and I have all my syllabus notes written and up to date. However I am now concerned on what exactly do I do with those notes in preparation of my exams. I do Bus, Eco, Leg if you were wondering what type of notes.

Responses would really help me thankyou.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You need to review the content in your notes and start practising exams under timed conditions and mark yourself to get feedback on how you perform under exam conditions and how to apply the syllabus knowledge to answering questions.

bongoli

HSC
Now after you've done your notes, make sure you go through every dot-point in the syllabus to tick off whether you know that sufficiently enough to answer within an exam. Personally, whenever i wrote notes; i always made sure that i could answer questions related to the specific dot-points ESPECIALLY when it came to any social science subjects. For business, ask yourself questions like "What are the three marketing approaches" or "Outline the operation strategies" and see if you can answer this. If not, re-read your notes again, so you understand it better the second time round or even re-check from a secondary source like a textbook or teacher. Now after you've done this and you're very confident about the syllabus material, go do some past papers. You can either get the HSC past papers or even some school ones; these are really good to test out how well you know your shit. Once you've done an adequate amount of past papers, you're ready for your tests! Good luck with your half-yearlies!

John Andrews

HSC
Now after you've done your notes, make sure you go through every dot-point in the syllabus to tick off whether you know that sufficiently enough to answer within an exam. Personally, whenever i wrote notes; i always made sure that i could answer questions related to the specific dot-points ESPECIALLY when it came to any social science subjects. For business, ask yourself questions like "What are the three marketing approaches" or "Outline the operation strategies" and see if you can answer this. If not, re-read your notes again, so you understand it better the second time round or even re-check from a secondary source like a textbook or teacher. Now after you've done this and you're very confident about the syllabus material, go do some past papers. You can either get the HSC past papers or even some school ones; these are really good to test out how well you know your shit. Once you've done an adequate amount of past papers, you're ready for your tests! Good luck with your half-yearlies!
Thanks mate really good advice

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I used them as the foundation of my studies although i didn't place all my study time into simply writing my notes. I would recommend you constantly review your notes in order to grasp a strong understanding of the subject, however ensure you're applying this knowledge into past paper questions.

Knowing what operations strategies are and HOW they can assist a business are two entirely different things, make sure you continually work on the application skills of content into specific questions, also known as "exam technique".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)