syllabus or lecture notes? (1 Viewer)

kurst

HSC
Uni Grad
My syllabus lists the textbook chapters that are relevant, but I'm finding other sections of the textbook that deal with topics that are covered in the lecture notes but aren't on the syllabus. why is the syllabus lying to me :c

kurst

HSC
Uni Grad
phys1111. then why did they give us tutorial questions on it :c and why would they put it in the lecture notes with example problems and everything, using the same diagrams and examples from the textbook? and also in later textbook sections which are on the syllabus, it uses the theory from these sections which aren't on there

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
There is no such thing as a proper syllabus in uni courses. This isn't high school anymore, the sooner you realise that the easier you will adapt.

kurst

HSC
Uni Grad
so yeah, it's better to go off the lecture notes for what you're required to learn about? I didn't touch the syllabus in high school so I wouldn't really know D:

Last edited:

kurst

HSC
Uni Grad
ah ok! yeah the syllabus is in the booklet with the tutorial problems. I'm a bit confused now though, one person has said there is no proper syllabus but another has said it contains all the examinable material

kurst

HSC
Uni Grad
pretty sure it's the latest edition! hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

kurst

HSC
Uni Grad
heh probably no one cares about fundamentals of physics :p anyway it's not that big of a deal I guess, I just assumed that when reading through the textbook I could use the syllabus to tell me what sections I need to read, but then I noticed the sections missing and wondered if I should be deciding what to read by what's in the lecture notes instead. I think I will do the latter, even if it isn't examinable. thanks for the info! c:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Just follow the lecture notes. If you don't get something in the lecture notes, then to read te textbook for that.

You don't even need 90% of the prescribed textbooks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)