t.s. eliot prescribing poems (1 Viewer)

HSC
help is there any chance they will prescibe the hollow men for mod b because i seriously cannot handle that like seriously well and truly i will krill myself in the exam

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
help is there any chance they will prescibe the hollow men for mod b because i seriously cannot handle that like seriously well and truly i will krill myself in the exam
they prescribed hollow men in 2020 so they prolly wont
ppl r guessing it will be rhapsody/preludes/prufrock i think
im praying its not preludes i hate that

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
to be honest, recently they havent been prescribing. the independent schools have been taking over the hsc english board (i.e there is way more independent school representation now, when it used to be pretty equal between catholic, independent and public/selective) so the exams are becoming less niche which is really interesting to note, though ive heard that its to try improve independent school english ranking.
since 2014, they have prescribed a poem twice. (2014 and 2015 i think (magi and hollowmen)),
in 2020, they gave a hollowmen quote, which is like RECOMMENDING, rather than mandating.

howcanibesmarter

HSC
@nsw..wollongong they prescribed magi in the old syllabus in 2017. Then in 2020 they used a quote in hollow. So its very unlikely itll be any of these two for the hsc this yr. But following this trend, it is 50/50 they will presribe again this yr, and chances are, itll be preludes/rhapsody/prufrock.

If you do not want to stress about memorising, safest thing to do is to have analysis on all poems, that way you can swap in quotes + analysis if needed, otherwise you just keep ur preferred/strongest one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)